Xbox Game Pass

Just found a really cool way to give Game Pass access to my kids’ PC without a separate sub!

For those interested, do all of these on the family PC:

• make sure your kid’s XBOX account is in your family group: (https://account.microsoft.com/family/home)
  • sign into the 2nd pc’s Store with the account that subs to Game Pass, ex me logging into the family PC’s Store app
  • sign into the XBOX app on the 2nd pc with the XBGP account, example me logging into the XBOX app
  • then sign out of XBOX app
  • sign in with the little one of choice’s account into the XBOX app, example my 9yo with her XBOX account

She now can download any Game Pass game that falls in her age group. So if I want to add Doom, she gets this, and no Doom:

Even if you browse “All PC Games” it only shows games with PEGI 7 or lower games. This is AMAZING!

1 Like

Nice… I didn’t realise that I was doing this all this time, I also control my daughter’s screen time through Microsoft Family, so she doesnt spend too much time playing and she has to ask me to approve her more time before she can continue

1 Like

Yeah, I’m a big fan of Microsoft’s screen time model. It really works great.

Coming Soon to Game Pass

A new half month dawns, a new batch of games get added to the Game Pass library. Here’s what’s coming in the first half of February.

Coming Thursday, 3 February

• Contrast (Cloud and Console)
    Explore a dreamlike, vaudevillian world of the 1920s, in which you can shift freely in and out of shadow. Tasked with helping a young girl named Didi, you will unravel the mysteries behind her troubled family and the dark secrets that must be exposed to re-shape her future.

• Dreamscaper (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    An endlessly replayable action roguelike with a waking/dreaming gameplay cycle. By night, delve deep into your subconscious, facing nightmares in an ever-changing world filled with unique items, abilities, and challenges. By day, explore the city of Redhaven, build relationships and unlock permanent upgrades to take on the next dream stronger than ever.

• Telling Lies (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    An investigative thriller game with non-linear storytelling, Telling Lies revolves around a cache of secretly recorded video conversations. Starring Logan Marshall-Green, Alexandra Shipp, Kerry Bishé, Angela Sarafyan, and directed by Sam Barlow, creator of Her Story and writer/designer of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

Coming Thursday, 10 February

• Besiege (Game Preview) (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Besiege is a physics building game where you construct war machines to obliterate fortresses, annihilate legions of soldiers, navigate hazards, and solve physics puzzles. In the single-player campaign, you’ll conquer your way through four distinct islands, each with its own theme, packed with fully destructible levels and see you bring your enemies to their knees. Learn more here.

• CrossfireX (Console) Day One Release
    Play the first CrossfireX single-player campaign, Operation: Catalyst, developed in partnership with Remedy Entertainment. Take control of a Global Risk unit, as they traverse through enemy territory to save their captured teammate and uncover the dark secrets of the Black List Mercenary group.

• Edge of Eternity (Cloud, Console, and PC) Day One Release
    Wage epic turn-based battles as you follow Daryon and Selene on their quest to find a cure to the all-consuming Corrosion in this grand tale of hope and sacrifice, created by a small team of passionate JRPG lovers.

• Skul: The Hero Slayer (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Skul is a fast-paced action rogue-lite where losing your head is encouraged. Featuring 100 playable characters each with their own unique abilities and a ton of items that can create wild synergies, the battles are as electrifying as they are challenging.

• The Last Kids on Earth and the Staff of Doom (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Battle hordes of zombies and monsters in The Last Kids on Earth and the Staff of Doom, a semi-open world action RPG that tells a new story in the post-apocalyptic town of Wakefield. Playing as teen survivors Jack, Quint, June, or Dirk, you’ll explore zombie-infested streets on your quest to stop Malondre, a powerful adversary from obtaining the Staff of Doom.

Coming Monday, 14 February

• Ark: Ultimate Survivor Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Experience everything that the Ark franchise has to offer with Game Pass in this definitive collection! Tame and ride primeval creatures as you explore savage lands, team up with other players to compete in epic tribal battles, and travel together on the greatest dinosaur-filled adventure of all time.

• Infernax (Cloud, Console, and PC) Day One Release
    Infernax is the adventures of a great knight who returns to his homeland only to find it plagued with unholy magic. While on your quest to find and destroy the source of this corruption by any means necessary, you will face ruthless creatures, dangerous beasts, and precarious terrains.

Leaving Game Pass Tuesday, 15 February

• Control (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Code Vein (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age (Console and PC)
  • The Medium (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Project Winter (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Falconeer (Cloud, Console, and PC)

5 Likes

Sweeet!! And to think I was about to pull the trigger and buy Skul.

2 Likes

I think this is the first month in more than a year that there isn’t anything coming to Game Pass that interest me. But that’s perfectly fine, as there is more than enough games to catch up on.

3 Likes

Remember that there’s another batch of additions due at mid-month. Check back on Tuesday the 15th - maybe you’ll find something then to keep your streak going… :smiley:

1 Like

So many games leave before I get a chance to play them. :cry: I always have to make sure that I play the top most ultimate game I want to play because they may disappear at any moment.

1 Like

I’m currently not able to sign into anything Xbox related - PC Game Pass via the app or even my Xbox account online. Had a look on down detector and see that there are reports around login issues spiking.

1 Like

Mobile app seems to be working for me at the moment. Can’t check on the PC right now, but do see a bunch of reports on Twitter about being unable to login on PC specifically. Seems like it’s limited to Xbox Live logins at the moment.

1 Like

MS doesn’t allow me to have the Xbox app on my MacBook, but I can log into Xbox.com

1 Like

Available from today

CrossfireX will be available on Xbox One and Series X|S consoles for Game Pass Console or Game Pass Ultimate subscribers today.

In addition to the free-to-play multiplayer base game, Game Pass members also get the single player campaigns: Operation Catalyst and Operation Spectre, which were developed in partnership with Remedy Entertainment.

2 Likes

That wall clock is amazing!!!

1 Like

Not quite sure what this is… Is it COD mixed with Crysis?

2 Likes

That’s a reasonable analogy I think. Wikipedia describes it suchly:

CrossfireX is a first-person shooterand the console version of CrossFire (2007). The free-to-playmultiplayer component is similar to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive , which sees two opposing teams, representing two hostile private military factions, compete in game modes to complete objectives.

Smilegate are a South Korean dev company, so there’s a definite Korean game aesthetic to it.

The original online multiplayer game was hugely successful:

Due to its popularity in Asia, especially China and South Korea, it has become the world’s most-played video game by player count, with a lifetime total of 1 billion users in 80 countries worldwide. It was the world’s top-grossing online game as of 2014, and went on to become one of the highest-grossing video games of all time, having grossed $12 billion in lifetime revenue as of 2018.

1 Like

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about trying out Crossfire, it seems to be buggy as all hell, and reviewers only got their codes today along with the release, which is never a good sign…

2 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

Here’s the 2nd half of February’s Game Pass additions. :smiley: And the end of the month subtractions. :frowning_face: There’s 4 EA Play titles, 2 PC only additions, and a new Game Preview for PC to look forward to. The first game is already available on some platforms and is now being added to the Game Pass Cloud services.

Available Today (15 February)

• Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Cloud) EA Play
    The Mass Effect Legendary Edition is now available with Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta), via EA Play! The Legendary Edition includes single-player base content and over 40 DLC from the highly acclaimed Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3 games, including promo weapons, armors, and packs.

Coming 17 February

• Madden NFL 22 (Console and PC) EA Play
    Madden NFL 22 is coming soon to PC Game Pass and Ultimate via EA Play, allowing members to get on the field and play on the platform of their choice. Plus, claim recurring member rewards like Ultimate Team Packs and gear sets for The Yard and save 10% on purchases of EA digital content like games, Madden Points, and more.

• Total War: Warhammer III (PC) Day One Release
    The cataclysmic conclusion to the Total War: Warhammer trilogy is coming. Rally your forces and step into the Realm of Chaos, a dimension of mind-bending horror where the very fate of the world will be decided. Will you conquer your Daemons… or command them?

Coming 22 February

• Roboquest (Game Preview) (PC)
    A fast-paced FPS roguelite playable in solo or co-op. Set in a scorched future world, you battle against hordes of deadly robots in high octane gameplay. Your high-powered, hyper-mobile Guardian is ready to fight through ever-changing environments fuelled by an adrenaline-pumping soundtrack.

Coming 24 February

• Galactic Civilizations III (PC)
    Build a civilization that will stand the test of time and take the galaxy by storm in the largest space 4X strategy game ever. Choose from dozens of unique races and make a name for yourself through diplomacy, espionage, technological advances, and much more.

• Super Mega Baseball 3 (Console) EA Play
    Run up the score in a relaxed slugfest or push the limits of your reflexes in this refined baseball simulator that’s perfect for rookies and pros alike. The third entry in the series features all-new Franchise, Online Leagues and Practice modes, plus improved graphics and on-field additions!

Coming 28 February

• Alice: Madness Returns (PC) EA Play
    Alice: Madness Returns delves deep into the dark and violent side of the imagination, creating nightmarish Wonderland where Alice must face the demons that haunt her visions.

ICYMI: Recently Added to Game Pass

• Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PC) EA Play
  • Peggle Nights (PC) EA Play

Leaving Game Pass Soon (28 February)

• Hypnospace Outlaw (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Killer Queen Black (Cloud and Console)
  • Stealth Inc 2 (Cloud and Console)
  • Touhou Luna Nights (Cloud, Console, and PC)

There’s also a note a Titanfall leaving the service on 1 March. Here’s why.

2 Likes

Did I miss an announcement about Game Pass pricing being reduced? Or am I just not being too clever with all the numbers…

As recently as November last year, I was paying R149 for my monthly Game Pass Ultimate subscription. Then I bought 3 discounted 1-month gift cards for R125 each (thanks to @DarthMol’s post). They got me through December, January and this month.

I got an email notification from MS yesterday to let me know that my gift subscriptions would be ending soon and that my account would be reverting back to its previous monthly subscription at the cost of R119.

Thank you for subscribing to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Your current promotional period is ending and your subscription will continue at its regular monthly price of R119,00 ZAR including taxes beginning on March 7, 2022. You can manage your subscription here.

With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you get access to over 100 high-quality games for console, PC, and Android mobile devices from the cloud (Beta), plus games from EA Play, and Xbox Live Gold.

On my MS account, under Subscriptions, it shows the same thing:

Screenshot 2022-02-20 215740

All signs point to MS having dropped the price for GP Ultimate by R30, right? It’s even cheaper than the gift cards on eGifts24 (which have since gone up by R10 to R135).

Please tell me I’m understanding this correctly.

3 Likes

Ooh, this is interesting. I will check my subs and see what it shows me.

2 Likes

Yep, mine’s also showing R119. A quick browse at the pricing plans (while logged out) shows this:

3 Likes