[GameClub 12] Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Game Club is like a book club for games. We get together and play a game during a set period, from start to finish. You’ll get a badge to proudly display on your forum profile if you finish the game in time and discuss it in the forum.

We also sometimes chat on Discord in the evenings while we play. Buy the game (if you don’t have it already), play it, join our chats in the evenings, be happy and content with the world. The chats are optional, but posting in the forum is not.

Here’s everything you need to know about Game Club 12:

What? Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
When? 2020-03-31T22:00:00Z2020-05-30T22:00:00Z
Who? You!
Where? Right here, on MEW
Why? Because Stone Cold™ said so
How? Get the game, play it, talk about it here, be happy and content with the world

If you’d like to join, please RSVP with the button at the top of this post, reply here to let me know, and I’ll add you to the list.

Participants: @SIGSTART, @DarthMol, @crzwaco, @1nF4m0u5, @Wlad, @Beo, @Mottamort, @GregRedd, @Entity, @SlinX.

Champions: @Entity, @1nF4m0u5, @czc, @Mottamort, @Dragonic

6 Likes

So I know what I’m downloading when my data refreshes tonight

3 Likes

Disclaimer warning, I believe it is in the best interest of this game to be played with headphones to get the true auditory experience, from what I’ve seen and heard.

5 Likes

this is correct. it definitely helps with the experience to have it in “surround”.

5 Likes

Now to convince myself to replay a game that sits in my 100% completed section :smiley:

5 Likes

I’m looking forwrd to it, I’ve needed a reason to play it for a while now. Previously my excuse was that I needed to play with a headset, guess that can be sidelined to be a low priority issue >_<

5 Likes

Enjoy everyone! Will sit this one out. It’s a fantastic game.

5 Likes

Really Soli, a little too much info.

4 Likes

Haha well done. You made me go double check my post.

4 Likes

headset/earphones are not a must have. they just help with the immersion and “feel” for the atmosphere. more so in this game that will become quickly apparent when you start it

3 Likes

Need to see if my pc can run this first

4 Likes

Currently on -66% sale on Steam until 02 April:

(Special includes VR Edition - someone with the ability really needs to try it in VR and let us know how it is.)

Also included in Game Pass for both Console and PC:

5 Likes

It’s bloody fantastic, that’s how it is.

5 Likes

Enjoy it guys I hear good things about the game but after looking at gameplay I know I will not enjoy it

3 Likes

Welcome to the first day of a new GameClub, y’all. Here’s a cosplay to commemorate the occasion:

Artist: LadyLemoncosplay
Source: Hellblade.com

7 Likes

I can’t figure out where I’m gonna play this. On PC I remember having some performance issues and on Xbox I don’t have any way of using a headset, which I feel is essential for this game.

4 Likes

I really want to(been on my wishlist for ages). Maybe since I won’t be driving I can justify R100 to go towards this instead of R600 of fuel :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

I’ve got it, been wanting to play it for a while now anyways. I hope I don’t wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night…

4 Likes

I think you mean they must send us video footage

3 Likes

@Slinx will have you covered. He often upload his VR senanigans to YouTube. I’m too boring to do that.

5 Likes