[GameClub 12] Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

I managed to put the first few hours into this game. It is beautifully crafted, the sound is amazing, and the combat pretty darn satisfying! But it is just not my kind of game. However, in fear of starting another GameClub and NOT finishing, I will push through. At least it is pretty entertaining!

I just beat Valravn (I only know how to spell this thanks to the acheivement…) and now it is time for Mr Fire Guy.

4 Likes

I think I’m at the same place as you oltman.
Really enjoying the combat, it’s so satisfying to land those slow-mo parries.
I’ve played in VR up until this point, but I’m probably going to switch to normal, it’s a separate exe, so I think I’m going to have to start from scratch. I don’t think VR really adds anything to the experience. VR is one of those things where you sometimes don’t realise the effect until it’s not there anymore, so I’ll see how it goes.
Enjoying the game as a whole so far though.

I love how the voices backseat game you while you’re playing, best part about the game :smile:

5 Likes

I’ll install tonight so I can start this as well. Don’t want to lag behind.

5 Likes

Okay, played the beginning bit again out of VR and I find it’s a lot better IMO. More fidelity and better framerate. You don’t get the cinematic camera movent during cutscenes in VR either.

6 Likes

And I’m downloading the VR version :confused:

4 Likes

I started on this.

I dislike all the damn voices. So annoying.

3 Likes

Ok I managed to finish it. Also not my type of game really, but enjoyed all the lore from those stone things speaking about the gods. I also enjoyed the combat and scenery. I still don’t know the full story but I have an idea. I’ll read up more on it.

Something about her dad killing her mom and locking her up or something and telling people she was cursed.

Nope. Nope.

Awesome battle

Final dramatic fist clench

5 Likes

Congrats. How long did it take you?

4 Likes

8 hours, walking around a lot.

4 Likes

Beat Valravn now through to the fire dude.

I just don’t know where I’m at with HP in this game.

3 Likes

speedrunning it, frustrated at her slow “run” pace though (have 100%'d the game so just playing for the gameclub :slight_smile: )
almost past the 1st “main” door

4 Likes

I started last night. Missed the first stone because I didn’t know what to do and didn’t check the controls lol.
I went through the first god door. Went through the yellow one.

3 Likes

Yikes…

Met Hella. What a tjop! Senua is really going down a rabbit hole here…

4 Likes

I beat Surtr now.

4 Likes

I defeated Surtr and Valravn and met Hela so now onwards. I just have a problem with her running speed. It’s so slow

3 Likes

Missed a lorestone in the labyrinth fuck sakes. And there’s no other option to go back and I’m not starting a new game again just for that

3 Likes

So in the end I missed 2 lorestones which fucking sucks but I did manage to beat the game and holy shit this is an amazing game.

Thanks for making it GameClub otherwise I’d never would have played it :mechanical_arm:

5 Likes

I still need to carry on with this game but there are too many other games on my plate right. I’m sure I’ll get to it before the end of the month though.

4 Likes

I think I’m close to the end now. Fighting the hound (Fenryr).

4 Likes

You mean Nightmare doggo :slight_smile:

Yeah you’re almost done

3 Likes