[GameClub 16] Remnant: From the Ashes

Well ek jam deesdae net MW dat ek nie baie ander games speel nie

1 Like

Ja dude ek terg net. Ons tye match nie lekker op nie maar met game club moet ons n plan maak.

1 Like

Definitely

1 Like

I just saw that meme about randoms in survival on the OP. You guys don’t know how true that is. Warframe veterans will also understand. I’ve learned that survival is best left for doing with friends. Just a heads up, survival is not part of the base game so if you have the free EGS version you won’t have access to it.

I’ve already made a new character for the game club and can’t wait to get started tomorrow.

I won’t say I’m an expert at the game but I’ve played a fair amount so if you guys need some info hit me up and I’ll try to help out.

2 Likes

So tonight I’ll be jamming this game. Don’t know anything about it but it seems awesome

2 Likes

If you’re still online by the time I get home from work I might join you.

Just a heads up regarding co-op, the game will scale to the highest player in the group.

Here is a post by a dev explaining how scaling works:

In co-op it just takes the highest gear score and scales to that which is why I made a new character.

1 Like

Anyone that will be jamming this on Xbox?

1 Like

Did a quick dungeon to kick off my game club journey. This is my new character:

Tip for newcomers: Break all the things (like tables, chairs, bookshelves, etc.). It gives you scrap (money) an iron (upgrade material).

2 Likes

Apparently if the high level player joins the low level player’s game it scales down the higher level guy to within about 3 levels of the lower player. So it is better for high to join low.

At least that is according to this video which @Beo post in the Remnant thread:

3 Likes

Only for the current map. As soon as you enter a new map it will scale to the high player. At least that’s how I understand it from other posts I’ve read on Reddit. I could be wrong though as I’ve never actually tested it.

Having a zone 3 levels above you will still be super challenging I think.

1 Like

I guess we’ll find out. But it should help that everyone is starting from scratch.

1 Like

Found this post from the dev in that reddit post I posted:

verytragic

Principal Designer

1 year ago

Multiplayer works similarly to Diablo. If you are within 3 levels of eachother, it takes the hosts level. If you are outside of 3 levels, it scales to the highest player’s level. In some cases, this is pretty brutal because a random could join you and scale the world up out of your reach (though it DOES reset when they leave). We’ve talked about a sidekick system to mititage this… it’s just a matter of time and resources. Definitely something we’ve talked about.

That was over a year ago so they might have changed it with patches.

Edit: Seems they did patch it.

We’ve pushed an update to the PC, PS4, and Xbox versions of Remnant: From the Ashes!

Build: 214857

QUALITY OF LIFE

Coop Scaling now caps at +3 levels of Host

Still, rules of Game Club is to start over and I’m hoping that a new character means RNG will be nice to me and finally give me the Chigaco Typewriter event. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I will start this Game Club once I finish AC Odyssey and that’s going to take a while still.

2 Likes

That is going to take a while. I remember when I played, I figured I should be almost done, maybe finish this weekend… and then it still took like multiple weekends after that. The game was good, but insanely long.

2 Likes

Oh, and I’m first going to play the Control DLC and then I’ll come back to this.

2 Likes

Comment redacted.

I think he was talking about Odyssey.

1 Like

So I played the game last night. My wifi bugged out. And yeah I’m really like it especially how the game works with the guns and everything.

I’m just past the Root person/thing. But going to play a bit further on the weekend

3 Likes

I’ll be playing this Sunday morning/night. I finished Surge 2 so this will be my “Sunday Souls” game for now.

4 Likes

Is there any cross platform multiplayers on this game?

2 Likes