[GameClub 16] Remnant: From the Ashes

Remnant: From the Ashes has officially been voted GameClub 16.

Game Club is like a book club for games. We get together and play a game during a set period, from start to finish. You’ll get a badge to proudly display on your forum profile if you finish the game in time and discuss it in the forum.

We also sometimes chat on Discord in the evenings while we play. Buy the game (if you don’t have it already), play it, join our chats in the evenings, be happy and content with the world. The chats are optional, but posting in the forum is not.

It kicks off at midnight and will run until the end of October. I think that sets us up nicely for the holidays, then we can have our next GameClub run over November in December, and the one after that in January. Means we get two games in over Christmas and New Years.

So there is no ambiguity regarding when “midnight” is…

When 2020-08-31T22:00:00Z2020-10-31T21:59:00Z
What GameClub 16: Remnant: From the Ashes
Where MEW forums and Discord

We also have an official thread topic for Remnant if you want to follow the general discussion of the game there.

GameClub 16 Status

Nominations → Voting → Run-off voting (optional) → Active (you are here) → Completed

GameClub 16 voting

2020-08-27T22:30:00Z2020-08-31T17:00:00Z

The nominations for GameClub are in. Cast your vote! You may vote for multiple games and the idea is that you vote for every game you would like to play.

Here is a link to where the vote happened in this topic.

Orginal post: GameClub 16 nominations

2020-07-31T22:00:00Z2020-08-22T22:00:00Z

Game Club is like a book club for games. We get together and play a game during a set period, from start to finish. You’ll get a badge to proudly display on your forum profile if you finish the game in time and discuss it in the forum.

We also sometimes chat on Discord in the evenings while we play. Buy the game (if you don’t have it already), play it, join our chats in the evenings, be happy and content with the world. The chats are optional, but posting in the forum is not.

Each Game Club begins with a series of nominations. I lost track of time (as one does while locked down in a pandemic), so this call is a bit late. My apologies.

Without further adieu, let’s get started! Which game(s) would you like to play during the next Game Club?

You may make up to three nominations.

Sample post:

Play times from HowLongToBeat.com (Main Story):

1. Dune 2 (14 hours)
  2. Wacky Wheels (58 minutes)
  3. Prince of Persia 1989 (1 hour)

Nominees

Here are the nominees for GameClub 16. Games with only one nomination will not be included on the final ballot.

Game HowLongToBeat Nominations
Beautiful Desolation 11 hours 3
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order 16.5 hours 3
Watch Dogs 2 19 hours 4
Vanquish 6 0
Yakuza 0 31 3
Cross Code 31.5 2
Outer Wilds 15 1
Far Cry 4 17 hours 2
Far Cry New Dawn 10.5 hours 1
Fallout New Vegas 27.5 1
Far Cry 5 17.5 hours 1
DOOM 11.5 hours 1
Rebel Galaxy 21 hours 1
Remnant: From the Ashes 13.5 hours 2
Nier: Automata 21 hours 1
Horizon Zero Dawn 22.5 hours 1
Dragon’s Dogma 38.5 hours 1
Gears of War 9 hours 1
Titanfall 2? 6 hours 1
3 Likes

Only problem is I could never complete it.

3 Likes
  1. Beautiful Desolation (11 hours)
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (16.5 hours)
  3. Watch Dogs 2 (19 hours)
4 Likes
  1. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (16.5 hours)
  2. Watch Dogs 2 (19 Hours)
  3. Remnant: From the Ashes (13.5 hours)
4 Likes
  1. Yakuza 0 (31 hours)
  2. Remnant From the Ashes (13.5 hours)
  3. Cross Code (31.5 hours)

Times for Yakuza and Cross Code are for main quests. Both can be upwards of 70 hours including side content.

Remnant is a game that is meant to replayed multiple times since the level layout and enemy placement is procedural. You will have to spend roughly 50 hours to see all bosses and get all items.

3 Likes
  1. CrossCode (31.5 Hours)
  2. Outer Wilds (15 Hours)
  3. Nier: Automata (21 Hours)
4 Likes

All the Fallen Order votes…WHAT AM I? MADE OF MONEY? :smiley:
(please don’t gift it to me, I don’t support EA)

4 Likes
  1. Beautiful Desolation
  2. Far cry 4
  3. Far Cry New dawn
1 Like

I bought it for $12 or something on EGS. Go Epic!

3 Likes

Likewise, although I got it when it was a bit pricier but then I could use the $10 voucher so it cost me less than $10 in total.

3 Likes
  1. Yakuza 0
  2. Watch Dogs 2
  3. Fallout New Vegas
4 Likes

I can get behind this.

• Yakuza 0
  • Watch Dogs 2
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (w/ Frozen Wilds expansion)
3 Likes

Hmm maybe I’ll change my vote to Yakuza 0 as well. I can never play it too much.

3 Likes
  1. Far Cry 4
  2. Far Cry 5
  3. Jedi Order

Also, I really want to play either FC in co-op!

2 Likes
  1. Beautiful Desolation (11 hours)
  2. DOOM (11.5 hours)
  3. Rebel Galaxy (21 hours)
2 Likes

You are welcome to join us when you see me playing it - we are busy with Far Cry 5 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Error, nomination must contain 3 votes. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

lol sorry, a lot of my backlog consists of things already played in GameClub.

3 Likes

Then you’re doing it wrong :smiley:

3 Likes

I recently started a playthrough of FC4. Never played it and I was told to get my FC education done by playing it. I wouldn’t mind to do some co-op

1 Like