Remnant From the Ashes

This game just came out of nowhere for me - I missed it amongst all the E3 trailers - and it looks pretty cool. From what I have seen on Twitch of the gameplay it certainly looks challenging, as souls-like should be, but the fact that you can team up with 2 others to play through the game puts a new spin on that dynamic.

The game is made by Gunfire Games, the devs behind Darksiders 3.

Remnant: From the Ashes is a third-person survival action shooter set in a post-apocalyptic world overrun by monstrous creatures. As one of the last remnants of humanity, you’ll set out alone or alongside up to two other players to face down hordes of deadly enemies and epic bosses, and try to carve a foothold, rebuild, and then retake what was lost.

A REMNANT OF MANKIND
The world has been thrown into chaos by an ancient evil from another dimension. Humanity is struggling to survive, but they possess the technology to open portals to other realms and alternate realities. They must travel through these portals to uncover the mystery of where the evil came from, scavenge resources to stay alive, and fight back to carve out a foothold for mankind to rebuild…

ENDLESS FANTASTIC REALMS AWAIT
Explore dynamically-generated worlds that change each time you play through them, creating new maps, enemy encounters, quest opportunities, and in-world events. Each of the game’s four unique worlds is filled with monstrous denizens and environments that will provide fresh challenges with each playthrough. Adapt and explore… or die trying.

SCAVENGE. UPGRADE. SPECIALIZE.
Overcome tough-as-nails enemies and epic bosses throughout hostile environments to earn experience, valuable loot and upgrade materials you can use to build a wicked arsenal of weapons, armor, and modifications to approach each encounter dozens of unique ways.

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS.
Invading other worlds to seek an end to the Root is dangerous and survival is far from guaranteed. Team up with up to two other players to increase your chances of survival. Teamwork is necessary to make it through the game’s toughest challenges… and unlock its greatest rewards.

I saw a team on Twitch struggling to take down this guy (below) and I could imagine this being a fun, and challenging game for me and two friends to take on.

I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on the Steam opinions and the official reviews once it releases.

4 Likes

Looks like the people they like it. A lot. Almost 2000 reviews on Steam already in just one day…

Doing positively on Metacritic too:

5 Likes

I got a “test” copy from a friend yesterday and played up to the first boss. It’s really a great game judging by what I’ve played. The shooting is solid and it works really well in combination with the melee attacks. It’s clear this game was made for co-op though, in solo if you die you have to restart the whole area whereas in co-op your teammates can revive you. It’s also quite challenging. That’s not to say you can’t beat it solo, many people on reddit have done just that.

I probably won’t play much furhter until I actually get the game on either Steam or PS4. I was just curious to try it out for myself as I’m not a fan of watching long gameplay videos/streaming gameplay.

3 Likes

My brother sent me a gift copy last night. Already downloaded and good to go. Can’t wait to properly get stuck in.

1 Like

The weirdest thing happened with this game. I created my character and as soon as I entered the game ALL of the Steam achievements unlocked at once. So I have got 100% completion before even seeing a boss. :joy:

4 Likes

+1 to your Perfect Game score then…

1 Like

Finished this last night. Final boss is pretty interesting.

Time to reroll my world.

Edit: Scratch that. No need to reroll campaign. Adventure mode lets you reroll individual maps

2 Likes

The game is now on Game Pass (for console only). Grab it now!

2 Likes

Free on Epic today! Hoping to get some coop in now. Go Epic!

4 Likes

Nice. Definitely want to play it at some point in time.

3 Likes
6 Likes

I know I had it in my Steam wishlist before, but I removed it when I saw it and couldn’t remember why on earth I added it. I guess now I can actually see what it’s about.

3 Likes

I see the steam version now has a 7.8 GB patch as well. Might be to get ready for the DLC next week.

EDIT: Indeed it is pre DLC patch:

I’m assuming Epic version will have this already when you download it.

3 Likes

If any of you peeps grab this and wanna try some jolly co-op add me on Epic: Myrdlok_

I linked my steam account to Epic and I also linked my Epic account in the game itself so the cross play should work fine.

3 Likes

New DLC is out. It’s only R79 on Steam and $4.52 for the people who have it EGS. That’s a great price!

Definitely buying it end of the month.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Tried playing survival mode with randoms tonight. It doesn’t work at all, reminds me of playing Warframe with randoms. People just wanna rush through the levels and don’t take the time to explore. The difference being in this game (in Survival mode) there are random chests (and skills) scattered about and it seems to be first come first serve. So people rush to pick up all the good gear and then you are left with nothing. I had to go into a boss fight wearing only underwear.

Then I decided to roll an adventure map and make my game open to the public. That turned out pretty awesome at least. Found two guys who stuck with me throughout the entire adventure and we managed to kill all bosses and finish it. Only downside was I (finally) got the event to trigger that gives the gun I’ve been wanting forever but we failed the mission and I couldn’t get. Guess I’ll have to keep on trying my luck and praying to RNGeezus to bless me with the event again.

3 Likes

Not sure what exactly this is but it’s related:

1 Like
3 Likes