[GameClub] Assassin's Creed: Origins

It is a uplay key. I think the steam version requires uplay anyway though

All Ubisoft games require Uplay… Steam is just a gateway to launching it through Uplay, with no achievements or anything Steam-related built in. So might as well grab it for cheap on Humble Monthly.

I’ll download the game over the weekend. I’ll be playing on Xbox One, and I think I’ll start from the beginning. Got very far into the game, but never fully complete it. So will start over.

Played for an hour or so, and I am still undecided if I like this game or not… Not much has been explained yet and it feels a little like I jumped into the deep end.

1 Like

One of the little things about this game I really like is the sound of the hadedas (the ibises) calling. It’s so weird to have such a familiar sound in a game.

3 Likes

Please tell me you can kill them en masse!

fiiiiiine, i’m finding a way to play this one :stuck_out_tongue:

started download last night

1 Like

yes you can kill them, you can use them for crafting

1 Like

The more I play, the more I like the game! Finally the story is also kicking in a bit more. Nothing spectacular but a nice driving force to keep going.

Did anyone else on PC change the controls around? Climb / jump is now on space bar, while dodge is on Ctrl for me. So much more intuitive!

1 Like

Totally agree, I can feel myself getting more and more into the game as I progress through it. Had to force myself to stop and go to bed last night. Looks like I’ve got the AC bug again!

I’m playing on controller, generally I find the AC games play best with controller, but I do miss the better accuracy of the mouse for the sharp-shooting.

I finally met up with Aya in Alexandria and I am about to kill the snake.

Really enjoying this more than I thought!

I keep getting distracted by side missions… I’m 26% complete with the game. I’m in Fayum after killing the crocodile. I keep wanting to go back and fight in the arena

So I started the game today, and I’m getting into the swing of it very quickly. After spending over 80 hours in ACOd the skills are very transferrable. Made my way to Alexandria.

Replaying this game just restates my love for the Assassin’s Creed franchise with their refocus. It’s a great game.

1 Like

Just gave the Blacksmith his tools back…

The Snake is dead!

1 Like

I still have to start! Haven’t played pc games in a while.

What do you guys think of the game so far?

1 Like

I started it last week and played for a short bit.

I think I missed some context somewhere. Started off with a fight against some dude and now running around looting an old tomb. I have no idea who I am, where, or why I’m there.

2 Likes

I discovered I could take off level scaling and now it’s much more fun, I can actually assassinate anybody in the game now without them surviving (which is the way it should always be in AC IMO).

The only downside is the gear drops at the level of the enemies so if I want to use anything I get now I have to spend a lot of money to level it up first.

2 Likes

i wanted to do that but now i level up by completing the side tasks instead. i think im near the end of the game but cant be sure at all…

just keep going

1 Like

So according to my UbiStats I’m about a third of the way through the game:

1 Like