[GameClub] Assassin's Creed: Origins

I’m really enjoying this game again. I tried Odyssey on both PC and PS4 and got bored/pissed off within a couple of hours but I still love Origins. I’m actually thinking of going for the platinum trophy. Bayek is a great character and the game world is simply amazing. Hopefully the next game is more like this and less like Odyssey (even though they are very similar, Origins still feels like an AC game to me whereas Odyssey is just straight up RPG. It’s like they wanted to make a new IP but just slapped the AC name on it to sell more copies).

1 Like

So I’m about 75% done with the game but I found this elephant mission , and I can for the life of me not win… Its sooooo frustrating

ok and im done with the main story mission! Yay, now to try and find all the hidden items and lost treasure and all the side missions and those darned war elephants.

2 Likes

Nicely done @wenzdayz! I haven’t even started yet. Was just a poor gaming month for me.

Thanks, i had to finish it now as im going away in June so no gaming for 2 weeks and then i have to start studying again.

2 Likes

Wow I think I’m still far away from the end. I’ve just killed the Scarab, the Hyena and the Lizard. The Crocodile is next. Still a lot of missions left and I get way too distracted with side missions to just power though.

But I am enjoying the game a lot. I’m already further than the first time I played, so that’s good.

2 Likes

ja the side missions make it sooo difficult. my biggest challenge so far is just finding all the rocks that point to a star sign. i think i have found like 5 only… and then i have wasted so much time trying to solve some of those secret scrolls. i have only found 5 of them…

I played a bit more on Saturday. Ended up exploring Siwa a bit.

I’m liking it so far.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to do the Lizard quest for about an hour now, but I keep getting distracted with exploring and side quests.

Just found out how cursed weapons work as well. Pretty cool. They do 200% extra damage at the cost of two thirds of your maximum health.

1 Like

Ah! So that’s what they do and that’s why my health was so low. I just thought I had to upgrade my health for it to be the 3 full bars. And that explains why the cursed spear was doing such good damage. I had seen the cursed status on it but wasn’t able to find a description as to what it meant.

1 Like

Yeah I also didn’t see anything which is why I googled it.

I still haven’t finished the Lizard quest :stuck_out_tongue:

Way too much stuff that distracts me. I keep completing all locations I come across and doing side missions instead of following the main quest.

2 Likes

The more I’m playing of this game, the more I’m falling in love with the franchise in its current form. It is a tremendous amount of fun.

I’ve completed the Crocodile finally. Have not yet progressed further with the main story as I’m running around doing side missions and leveling up. I’m up to level 32 already. Don’t know how far away from the end I am, but still trekking along well. Still, 25 hours into the game, and I haven’t found this Elephant thing that @wenzdayz was talking about…I guess I still have a lot of game left.

2 Likes

hahaha you have to be closer to level 38-40(the elephant is level 40)… (its in the final stretch of the main mission, that you find this side quest) . if you see an aquaduct you are close (north of Siwa)

i still have to go back and see now that im level 41 if i can kill it. But im stuck trying to get all the areas that are not 100% done completed.

2 Likes

I just picked this up over the weekend on special. I’ll try to catch up, but I only have like 2 weekends available this month (and I only play over weekends).

1 Like

if you only play the main missions you could finish it… but it is difficult not getting distracted with all the other stuff

1 Like

I just realised I’ve been playing this game for 85 hours. That includes finishing the game and the first DLC once as well as my current NG+ progress. I really want to get the second DLC somehow.

The only thing I hate about this game (and its the same in Odyssey) is that all the coolest looking gear has to bought with real money. Yes it’s only cosmetic, but it has always been a staple of RPG’s to find awesome loot and now you have to buy the “best” loot.

I got the second DLC (account sharing buddy bought it on sale) and I immediately started that since I haven’t played it before. Still have a whole month for GameClub so I’m sure I’ll finish the base game before that as well.

DLC is great so far, new area is massive and also packed with things to do. I’ve only done one main quest so far.

2 Likes

I’m going to start playing AC Origins now again. I’ve been playing Metro Exodus and encountered a game breaking bug which means I can’t continue if I don’t restart the level and I already had to do that because of a different bug. It’s frustrating.

3 Likes

And so my journey through Egypt comes to a close. I finally finished the game. Took me just over 33 hours to do, and I’ve really enjoyed the game. It is definitely my second favourite Assassin’s Creed game so far, just after the sublime Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.

5 Likes