[GameClub] Assassin's Creed: Origins

Recently killed the snake. I have such a long way still to go

2 Likes

I thought the Crocodile quest line will be short… Man, was I mistaken. About to enter the arena for some fighting now.

2 Likes

I’m very close to the end now. The game gets better the further you get into it. I didn’t enjoy it much in the beginning but I really liked the bits that I played through now that it has some proper story.

It doesn’t feel like the game wants to end! I’m 35 hours in, level 34, 60% completion and the more targets you kill, the more the game throws at you… As much as I’m enjoying it, it’s getting a wee bit long in the tooth now. I guess I should just give it a bit of a break before tackling the (what I hope to be) final stretch.

1 Like

Then maybe I’m not as close to the end as I think I am. I’m level 32 and I’m 30 hours in.

At level 34 you should be near the end of the story, depending on how much exploration and how many sidequests you’ve done. You’ll know it’s the final stretch when you talk to Aya and she tells you there will be no turning back, but it won’t be the real end yet. That just starts a couple of story missions that follow on one another and you can’t skip any or go back to open world. After that there are two short story missions left.

Much as I love the game and want to get the platinum trophy I don’t think I will, there is just way too much to do. I can get all the trophies but the 100% completion one is too much for me. Also, once I finish a game’s story I usually lose motivation to continue playing. I might still do the other DLC though.

I still have the 2 new targets to kill after meeting with Cleopatra in the North Eastern region of the map. Did the first “boss” fight there in the courtyard and headed with Aya to the boat. Can’t remember right now the conversation, but that’s where I’m now.

I did complete several side quests, but still have at least half of the game world to unlock. The game really is very, very big.

Yeah even after finishing NG+ I hadn’t opened the whole map yet, lol. And once you open some, more side quests will pop up.

Those should be the final two targets yeah.

EDIT: For anyone going for the stone circles, make sure you have 50 silica in your inventory at the end or won’t be able to finish the quest and get the reward. I think this is what put me off for now. It took me a long time to find them all once I finished the game and then I couldn’t even get the reward.

1 Like

What the hell, his game doesn’t let up! I thought after killing the last 2 targets the game is done, but nooooooo. Another target added to the list! Played through it a bit, got bombarded with more side quests and just decided to give it a break. I’m 38 hours in, at level 36 and 67% game completion.

1 Like

I did it! I finished the game. And wowee every time you do what you think is the final boss fight… there’s another! I thought the quest with the word ‘Final’ in it was the last one. Little did I know.

I ended up stopping doing side quests though and went into the final missions at level 32.

4 Likes

I finally defeated my first war elephant! Now to get the other two

1 Like

I’m done! Finally! I feel the game dragged on a bit too long near the end, to be honest… Still, it was very good and I’m considering giving Odyssey a go now.

6 Likes

Ok, so I just started with it. Got some catching up to do.

4 Likes

Good luck. It’s a long trek. I ended up spending 39 hours in the game, with 18 pending side missions and loads I didn’t even bother activating (i.e. ignoring exclamations on my compass).

3 Likes

Nicely done!

I know some people will disagree with me but Origins is better than Odyssey in almost every way. Better world, better animations, better protagonist, better story. Odyssey might have it beat in the gameplay department. Odyssey is a great RPG but it is the absolute worst AC game to date. It basically has none of the pillars that make an AC game: no hidden blade, no hood, no Creed. Origins is also somewhat guilty of some of these things, but it still feels like an AC game. Odyssey feels like a (great) Greek Mythos RPG with the AC name slapped on to boost sales.

Unity was actually the last “true” AC game and I would love to see the series return to that, but sadly it won’t. Odyssey is rated much higher and has sold a lot more (not because it’s a better game in the series, probably exactly because it attracted new players as a result of the switch to full RPG) so they’ll probably keep going in that direction.

4 Likes

Well done @FarligOpptreden! I’m glad you made it.

And good luck @Viper!

2 Likes

Ok, so I’m level 20/21 and just killed the guy who buried me. Making decent progress.
Not sure if anyone else noticed, but in my opinion, this game’s exploration feels very similar to Witcher 3.

2 Likes

Yeah they definitely played a lot of Witcher 3 during the development of this game and it shows.

I compared it to Witcher 3 a lot when selling the game when I was still working at BT.

1 Like