[GameClub] Game 2 Nominations and Voting

edit NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN AGAIN! THE DATES HAVE CHANGED

With MyGaming down currently, I don’t have access to my usual template so lets just wing it!

GameClub is like a book club for games. We get together and play a game during a specific time period. From the start to the finish. Sometimes there are awards that gets displayed on your profile. We also chat in the evenings while we play and it’s a lot of fun. Buy it, play it, join our chats in the evenings, be happy and content with the world.

First nominate 3 games that you would like to be the next GameClub game. You can change your nominations as often as you want until the 14th of February. The games with the most nominations will then go into a poll and people can vote for the next GameClub. GameClub Game 2 will start on the 1st of March. Everyone who participate will have to start the winning game from the beginning.

If that doesn’t make sense then please ask and I’ll do a better job of explaining.

Previously GameClub was known as MyGame and we played quite a few games there. The first GameClub didn’t do so well with only two people finishing: https://community.mostepic.win/t/gameclub-overlord/

Poll ends 21 February at 6pm. The poll don’t close automatically so whatever is winning at that point wins.

Please pick all the games that you would be willing to play in GameClub 2.

• Brutal Legend
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Doom
  • L.A. Noire
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Max Payne 3
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
  • Quantum Break
  • Transistor
  • Vicious Attack Llama Apocalypse
  • Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

0 voters

My nominations:

Vicious Attack Llama Apocalypse
Civilization® VI
Ori and the Blind Forest

With the first two not having proper story campaigns (or maybe the first does have one?), we can say that you have to play 10 hours to become a GameClub Champion.

2 Likes

Quantum Break
Doom
Max Payne 3

1 Like

Max Payne 3
Doom
Mass Effect 2

1 Like

I’m scared to cast my vote, because I didn’t get around to playing the game I nominated that ended up winning the last time… So I’ll jist vote for what the others have already nominated:

Quantum Break
Civilization VI (amped for this one!!!)
Doom

1 Like

Great idea. I second this.

Doom I just got installed (finally) so I’m keen to give it a go.

I’ll think of a third one.

Only reason I’m not voting for Ori is because I’ve finished it 2.5 times already. It’s an incredible game, but not one I wish to torture myself with right now. Those damn escape sequences infuriate me.

Great I’ve barely started it and now I have escape sequences that I HATE to look forward to.

1 Like

Good luck on the first one - it’s the worst of the lot. I think on my first run of the game it took me more than 30 tries to get it right. There are no “respawn” points in the middle of it, so you have to complete it end to end. I wish I could experience the game the first time again though, it really is very very VERY good. I’m anxiously awaiting the sequal!

Armed and Dangerous
The Division
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

1. Quantum Break
  2. DOOM
  3. Mass Effect 2
  1. Quantum Break
  2. Borderlands: The Prequel
  3. Warhammer: End Times — Vermintide

edit:

Comments on the games.

1. I would expect something similar to Alan Wake, correct me if I’m wrong.
  2. Borderlands 2 was fun, why not?
  3. Never really completed any Mass Effect.

Guys, do you think we should maybe suspend GameClub until the forums have been sorted out?

No Issue with that.

Good idea.

Was just going to remove my vote for Doom. Played a bit of it, seems like the kind of game I would have loved 15 years ago.

My take on those:

1. Quantum Break: I couldn’t help myself and started this past weekend. I’m really getting Alan Wake vibes (heck, Alan Wake even makes a cameo of sorts in the game). I’m really really really digging it.
  2. Borderlands: TPS: Absolutely terrible, in my opinion. I finished both the first games and didn’t get much further than 4-5 hours into TPS.
  3. Finished it twice - it’s a great game! I just won’t be joining if it wins the [GC] though.

GameClub is now officially on hold until the merging of the forums.

1 Like

So now that we know what will happen do we restart in March?

Yes, I will set this up again tonight. People are welcome to make their nominations. We will start playing 1 March. Will update details later.

2 Likes

Nominations are open again! Everyone’s welcome to edit their nominations and those who haven’t nominated are welcome to do so.