[GameClub] Max Payne 3

Welcome to Game Club. The first rule of Game Club is to tell as many people as you can about it… once we let the world know about this forum. The second rule of Game Club is to tell… you get the idea.

Game Club is like a book club for games. We get together and play a game during a specific time period. From the start to the finish. Sometimes there are awards that gets displayed on your profile. We also chat in the evenings while we play and it’s a lot of fun. Buy it, play it, join our chats in the evenings, be happy and content with the world.

The game we will be playing this round is Max Payne 3. Voting happened here.

We will start playing on the 1st of March and will have until the end of April to finish the game. You have to start a new game and play from the beginning to the end in order to get a badge that shows on your profile.

Those who wish to participate can say so now and I will add you to the list. If you voted for the game during the voting phase then you are automagically entered. Everyone’s welcome!

Participants:
@Blazzok, @Mottamort, @McT, @FarligOpptreden, @MetalSoup, @MalicE, @DieGrootHammer, @SIGSTART, @Solitude, @DarthMol

Champions:
@MalicE, @Blazzok, @mottamort, @Solitude, @DarthMol

2 Likes

As said in the other thread, the game is downloading. Actually looking forward to play this. I’ve always wanted to play it, but never got around to it.

1 Like

I must still get it.

Current cheapest place is:
https://www.wingamestore.com/product/5199/Max-Payne-3-Complete-Pack/

I think.

I guess it’s about time.

I was initially put off by the number of cutscenes in the game. It feels like you watch the game more than you play it, but I’ll try to push through it this time.

I was an enormous fan of the first two games.

2 Likes

I also played the game close to when it released using a test version. Never played very far so this is also the perfect opportunity to play and finish the game. I loved the first 2 games and also own them on steam now thanks to the Humble Rockstar Bundle.

I’m going to start the download tonight.

I’ll join in the fun @Solitude

I will also be looking around to get the game cheap - from what I can tell it’s not necessary to get the complete pack as all the DLC seems to be skins and map packs for the Multiplayer aspect of the game and not really related to the single player side of things.

1 Like

Max Payne has been downloaded and ready to play. I’ll start with it over the weekend.

1 Like

Shouldn’t you be starting dark souls?

Woot! Gameclub day! I almost forgot :slight_smile:

Off topic: I love the forums search function, it works so well.

3 Likes

having seen max payne 3 for $1.99, I can’t bring myself to purchase it for anything less…hopefully a deal comes soon :stuck_out_tongue:

@Blazzok, @Mottamort, @McT, @FarligOpptreden, @MetalSoup, @MalicE, @DieGrootHammer, @SIGSTART, @Solitude, @DarthMol

Enjoy the game! You have two months to complete it so no hurry. Remember to post about it and let me know once you complete it.

SWEET! been waiting for an excuse to get back into that

First note is that the cutscenes haven’t aged that well and don’t seem to adjust to your graphics settings, so it is a bit jarring.
You also need to create a Rockstar Social Club account (if you don’t have one already) to register/activate Max Payne 3 if you own it on Steam.

1 Like

bullshit. Hate shit like that

Meh. No matter how hard I try, I just can’t get myself to like this “game”.

1 Like

Part 1 complete

1 Like

Impressive.

I do see what @MetalSoup is saying though, cutscene simulator. It is a bit much, with you sometimes literally only moving like 5 meters in between scenes.

it feels like it gets less as the game progresses. but what can you do, there’s a story that needs to be told. and the game is a lot of fun

What a week. My game is downloaded and ready to go (again):

Max%20Payne%203

Hopefully I’ll get to immerse myself in the tortured existence of a washed up old drunkard cop this weekend sometime.

I have reached lvl Walter White