[GameClub] Max Payne 3

Mine crashes on startup every time. Oh well, lots of other games to play.

Tried compatibility mode?

Edit: it seems anti aliasing can cause the crash. Try and turn that off to see if it helps.

Part 2 completed

I used to have that problem with my old i5. something to do with the multi-cores. there is a workaround for it

Aaaaaaaand I’m done

2 Likes

Nicely done! That was very quick!

10 hours

It really is a fun game. Die Hard meets John Wick

If anyone spots a good deal for buying this game (the base game not the complete pack) please post it on this thread. Thanks!

I’ve been on the hunt. nothing so far :frowning:

Come on Bargain Hunter - if there’s anyone who can do it it’s you!

Yea apart from g2a for about $6, there isn’t anything really. it was recently in the rockstar humble bundle so i’m hoping it crops up cheap elsewhere.

I reached Chapter 13 last night, not sure how many there are in total. I’m about 7 or 8 hours in, so based on @MalicE’s play time hopefully not too far from the end.

From what I remember though, I enjoyed Max Payne 1 & 2 more than I am enjoying 3 at the moment. Based on what I’ve played of the game so far, I’d give it a 6/10.

where are you now?

I managed to get it running. Had to force it to DX9 mode in the config file. I hope I enjoy it as much as I enjoyed it the first time around…

I’m in the police station now

ja that’s close to the end

And done. Spent about 9 hours in the game. Definitely prefer 1 & 2.

Nicely done!

I’m hopefully getting it in the next few days after my paypal money comes in. sadly that means i’ll likely be getting it from g2a (:tired_face:) coz i cant find any legit deals

It’s on special here: https://2game.com/us/max-payne-3-the-complete-edition-steam

However, I don’t know that shop and I see there are restrictions on the key activation.