[GameClub] Mad Max

I really hope I get around to finishing this game, but I still haven’t played in ages. It was going well until I got Spider-Man and then I just stopped playing Mad Max.

I spend most of my time now either practicing guitar, jamming out or recording tracks and when I do game I put on Xenoblade Chronicles and turn it off like 30 minutes later.

2 Likes

that was awesome,
Great driving there mort!

Lol this. I eventually gave up on 100%. Too many games to finish. At least I 100% Jeet’s area. Got nothing for it and said screw it.

Right, almost forgot. Finally finished this game on Friday evening. Can’t remember my password for this site so can’t post from my gaming OS :slight_smile:
I suppose not a bad game, but the story and whole genre isn’t really my scene. (Didn’t like Rage either).
Glad I played and finished the game and it was enjoyable up to a point. My wife seems interested in it though so she’ll give it a go sometime.

1 Like

Nicely done @Viper! We are voting for the next one if you haven’t yet.

Easy linkage to next vote: [GameClub] Game 6 Nominations

3 Likes

Done and dusted

1 Like

And completed…unlocked iconic max shotgun and jacket :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I probably won’t get around to finishing this sadly. I started a new job 2 days ago Red Dead Redemption 2 (which I can play via account sharing if I manage to find a way to download it) is out this week.

1 Like

Nicely done @Mottamort!

Congrats on the job @Wlad!

1 Like

I tried to play this again over the weekend but now it feels like a chore to play, so I don’t think I’ll finish this in time. In the start it was fine, but now it feels like more of the same over and over and I can’t even get myself to just focus on the main mission and do that.

Think I’ve spent 20 hours on the game so far, so I’m happy. It was fun while it lasted.

1 Like

I’m still planning to finish this. I’ve cleared Jeet’s area last night, so now I have a lvl 6 harpoon to start clearing Pink Eye’s area so that I can continue with the main story.

1 Like

Are you planning on 100%ing it?

1 Like

I began properly playing at the start of the month, but work commitments have been keeping me from getting a lot of hours in.

Still hope to complete the game, though I’ll probably have to rush the story missions.

The hand-to-hand combat has been thoroughly satisfying — feels like they took the brawling mechanics straight out of the Batman Arkham games.

Enjoying the mystique of the Griffa character. The voice and look of Chumbucket is clearly a nod to Ephialtes from 300.

Not having as much fun with the vehicle side of things. Now that I have ammo maybe I should switch from trying to use the harpoon all the time to my shotgun and see if that’s more satisfying.

3 Likes

Doubt it will be possible before months’ end. At this point I’m just trying to finish the main story, but was struggling to lower the threat level in Pink Eye’s territory, hence why I cleared Jeet’s area for the level 6 harpoon.

I have no idea how far I’m from completing the game. Game completion is about 60% in the statistics menu. In terms of the main story line, I’m helping Friah with some gas-issues.

@SIGSTART exploding cars is way more satisfying. Definitely try the shotgun.

2 Likes

If you do this you’ll be able to complete it fairy quickly, with only minimal struggling I think. You can skill it.

Once you get to Gas Town there isn’t a whole lot of main story left.

1 Like

The main story is done! Managed to complete 66% of the game. 40 hours.

It was a fun game, really enjoyed it. The ending was a bit meh though. Expected more from the “final battle”. And Glory and Hope. They tried though, they tried.

4 Likes

Nicely done @FriedPet!

1 Like

I’m nearing the end, but I think I’ll double back and clear Jeet’s area to unlock the weapons for my car.

Anyone else notice the little South African references in the game? Makes me think there might’ve been South Africans working on it…

There are peasants you pass by who speak with that generic Blood Diamond / Lethal Weapon 2 Afrikaans accent, and the Sniper Rifle upgrades:

Just Now kit

Now Now kit

:grin:

5 Likes

Bwahahaha ek het gedog dis net ekke wat dit gesien het!

I did give up, I wont be able to finish the story in time :frowning:
At the moment I just wanna loot your account for the scrap metal! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes