[GameClub] Mad Max

Also have a couple of days in the second half of September looking fairly empty at the moment. So I’m going to risk it and commit to doing my first Games Club by adding my name to the list for Mad Max - I’ve had it in the library for ages (it was in a Humble Monthly about 2 years ago!), did play a little of it, but really do want to try do a full play through.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see a couple of new people join!

2 Likes

At least i can play this, between this download and my destiny 2 download that buggered up I have 10gigs left till the 1st

1 Like

One more day until we can finally start.

1 Like

I was naughty and started last night, I had nothing else I could play due to being capped.
Im enjoying it, and weirdly not dying as much as I thought I would during combat

2 Likes

I think I might cheat as well and start sometime today actually.

1 Like

Maybe just call today official start date seeing as its a Friday

2 Likes

I downloaded it on PC yesterday and might just start it tonight… Will see how the baby is doing after work though - if he sleeps well, I’ll get an hour or 2 in.

1 Like

Since so many people are starting already, I will officially give you all demerit points… um I mean to say that you can go wild and start playing.

6 Likes

I actually had a dream I started playing last night, and I felt terrible because I had thought it was September already…

Its probably because I saw it when I was moving games off my PS4’s internal drive to an external to make room for Destiny 2.

2 Likes

And? Did you give it a bash yet? It’s great, eh?

1 Like

I’ve missed this game. So awesome.

1 Like

The only thing that sucks so far is they decided to all of a sudden drop a 13GB patch on the PS4.

1 Like

So what bodies for the Magnum Opus has everyone chosen? I went for shovelface

2 Likes

Good luck to everyone participating.

3 Likes

I’m using the Wild Hunt at the moment.

I took the Die Rolla - just to be different

I completely forgot that it’s September XD and I didn’t even pre download. Kicked mine off now, maaaaybe I can play tomorrow. I have a little 4Mb line. On the upside I finished Quantum Break, so Mad Max will get my full attention.

1 Like

Well, I started a new game and played up until meeting Jeet and going to the next outpost. As much as I was amazed at the game and its general polish the first time around (around 2 years ago?), I’m not feeling it this time around. It feels bland and plain boring. I guess I’m just spoiled by Horizon Zero Dawn and Destiny 2.

1 Like

Conversely I find Destiny 2 to be boring beyond belief. It’s fun while there is story content to do but as soon as that runs out it becomes terribly slow and too much busy work for me. I still want Forsaken though.

Mad Max is also very repetitive true, but I enjoy just driving around the world and picking up the scrap and clearing out camps.

1 Like