[GameClub] Mad Max

I’m really enjoying this so far. I like how its not overwhelming with sidequests and collectibles. It’s not particularly varied however.

1 Like

I was really hoping for some kind of achievement or something for clearing the guys near the start of the game that are blowing up your tutorial base before heading off to Jeet. Spent about 15 minutes taking them on 1 by 1 and repairing…nothing but 4-7 scrap…lame

2 Likes

The journey to the platinum trophy is going to be long and tiresome.

1 Like

Am I the only one who is sad about the dog?

Its seriously bugging me!

Otherwise Im actually liking the game a lot - yes its the same thing over and over, but Im having fun, I have been to jeet and now I am first working on clearing out the map as much as possible - i have stolen 2 cars so far. (my trick is to lead them to a rocky outcrop, get out of my car, and stand on the rocks - they will get out and I can kill them and take the car to jeet.)

2 Likes

Just keep doing missions. Dinki-di is safe. :smiley:

2 Likes

I was angry when that happened

1 Like

Forget what body I chose, but that’s as far as I got.

Had a very busy weekend.

1 Like

I can finally start tonight.

1 Like

Oh, my lady chose my body for me…Shovelface

2 Likes

Started playing tonight, manage to get about an hour of game time. So far enjoying it. Really struggled to pick a body, eventually decided on Furnace. The other choice was Die Rolla.
Really glad Dinki-Di is okay…so far(?).

I’m playing with a controller, but I find it quite difficult. I’m just so much more comfortable with a keyboard and mouse. (always gamed on a pc, never owned a console). Will try and push through a bit longer, see how it goes.

This is going to require quite a bit more “effort” than our last GameClub:

2 Likes

I also went with the Furnace, second choice would have been Shovelface. Played until I got to Jeet and did one mission after that.

Strange, here i am thinking i might SWITCH to controller, just because some of the controls seem counter intuitive to me than to games i’ve played like arkham series etc… the “hold” to do anyhting really also gets to me.

The game does have strange controller setup as well. Like R2 for sprint and L2 for jump. WTF? But I got used to it eventually.

FYI you will be able to get all the car bodies as you play through the game.

Coming from Shadow of War I much prefer this combat where you still have to counter attack yourself instead of just pressing one button to instant counter (and even kill) any attack. If your timing is off in Mad Max you are taking damage.

2 Likes

Im playing with a controller on pc. I wouldnt enjoy this style of game with a KB and mouse.

I dunno if I can do it with a controller - I struggle my ass off to aim with a controller

1 Like

I also found the controls to be odd. I wasted ammunition thinking I would … oops

Haven’t had time to play much though. Might be tough to get through this.

I don’t feel like aiming is an important aspect. In most cases the game snaps to targets if you are close enough to hit, and even slows time in vehicle combat to give you a chance to pick a target. It does get a bit odd at times though.

Sniping is a little different but slow paced

1 Like

I’m also playing with KB and Mouse. Can’t play 3rd person games with a controller. The camera movements always irk me. Even though there is driving, it’s not as serious as Forza or NFS.

1 Like

My current Max and Magnum Opus.

4 Likes

Dunno what was up with my game last night, it kept freezing and I have no idea if the game saved my progress.