[GameClub] Mad Max

Yeah, I haven’t done it for my own car because it was too expensive. For this buggy, after I shot out all it’s wheels and a door, cost me 50 scrap

1 Like

So I stopped getting sidetracked by all the things to do in the game and starting focussing on the main quest recently. I’ve just completed the game now. Surprisingly short actually if you think about it. Now I wonder if I should continue doing stuff… it bugs me XD

4 Likes

Congrats @Dragonic! I should really start focusing on the actual story too.

2 Likes

Grats!

I’m wondering if I’ll ever play again :expressionless:

1 Like

Yea I need to stop getting side tracked as well, and just finish this otherwise I dont think I will too much to do behind the scenes

Played for about 30 minutes to start my Game Club play-through and quickly remembered 2 things about my gaming skills:

1. I can’t play games like this on a controller. Like at all. Every time I want to punch someone my fat fingers hit the wrong button and I land up pulling my empty shotgun out. Going to try with M/KB next time.
  2. My fighting skills suck arse. (May be related to #1, but only a little.) Got to the point of choosing my Magnum Opus body, and then died repeatedly trying to escape from the horde of Buzzards (?) that attack at that point. Managed to take the first one out and grab his dropped shiv but then couldn’t work out how to use the damn thing :joy:.

If I was so useless in the “tutorial” level, I fear for my ability to get my first Game Club completion badge :roll_eyes:.

2 Likes

Sounds like me and you should hang out more!
I started getting the hang of the controller after about 9 hours of game time

3 Likes

I havent gotten any further in the game, I dont know why not tho, I love the game, its just not keeping me interested.

1 Like

I’ve started playing the story only, otherwise I’ll never finish. Met up with ol’ Pink Eye yesterday.

Where in the game are you now, @Wyvern?

1 Like

I am on Chapter 6 A Piece Tougher

It seems I have 10 chapters in total to go still. But I am worried I will fail the fights - I cant even take a lev 2 camp down yet

I have absolutely no idea where I’m in terms of chapters…didn’t know it’s a thing.

No, why the struggle with lvl 2 camps? Do you weaken their defences and kill their warcrier first?

2 Likes

I just struggle with the final bosses, the rest is easy enough - but I suck at the fighting

Maybe I’m not clearing enough camps… I’ve only had one camp (Top Dog?) where I had a proper “final boss” fight.

yep its those that I cannot kill

Theres a way to cheese some of those fights…

I skipped most of them where I could. No real reward from them.

1 Like

I’m also about there. I’ve done quite a bit of other stuff though. Like I’ve been to all the balloons and I’m close to having cleared Jeet’s territory. But I think I must focus on the story now. I think I’ll do all the blue side quest stuff next.

1 Like

Yeah I rate you can even push straight for the end of the game without worrying much with the game world. Your character can survive. The car strength is the only one you might have an issue with then. But even then, you might be able to skill it through to the end haha.
There was only one Story mission where I had an issue with my car getting smashed to bits, but it was quite beefy already, so I just kept retrying.

2 Likes

I did it!

There was also one bit towards the end where I struggled with the car being destroyed but got it right eventually. After that it wasn’t so difficult. I really liked the ending and the story towards the end.

4 Likes

Think I’m stuck. I only have a wasteland mission left, no story missions

1 Like

That’s weird. What was the last mission you did? It should show a green icon somewhere on the map.