[GameClub] Stardew Valley

Just found this for modding as well: https://mods.smapi.io/

It’s basically a mod compatibility list, so you can see if a mod will work with the latest patch before you download it. It also shows alternative mods in cases where mods are no longer supported.

1 Like

Ok, challenge accepted. I’ll look things up if I die too soon.

1 Like

Can i also join? Busy downloading it now.
Never heard of it so will play it plain

5 Likes

See that’s the problem for me. I get drawn to the mines and community center every time and end up doing everything EXCEPT farming. So I ended up rushing during the last season just to have some crops to start completing the farming-related upgrades for the community center.

2 Likes

Keen to join, I have 2 hours in total in Stardew. Think I’ve made it to day 5 so far. I’ll restart for the GameClub and see how far I get! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mod I have installed and used before:

1 Like

Can it be Friday already!? Can’t believe I’m so excited for this GameClub :man_farmer:

5 Likes

I will have to start late. Still busy with both Metro Exodus and Assassin’s Creed Origins.

1 Like

May I suggest then that you try out one of the other farm layouts. If you pick either Hilltop or Wilderness, you effectively bring the mines to your back garden. Plus they don’t focus too much on the actual farming, but more mining or killing enemies

Also, Stardew Valley was multiplayer…up to 4 people building the same farm…

2 Likes

Pick meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Why do you say “was”? Do you mean “has”? Does anyone know how it will actually work?
Does it always need to be the same 4 players? Or can we build a farm with different players?

1 Like

Urgh you’re right. Typo on my side.

So one person is the host, and he/she is pretty much the “main” person that can buy certain items at the Carpenters House. Anyone that joins then get’s a farmhand house on the farm that is only their place. Anyone can go out and romance anyone as they please, or they can romance each other. Everyone works together in planing, watering and harvesting plants on the farm, or you can send one person to the mines while another works the farm and another chats up Penny.

Connecting is also easy via Steam. As host you can open up to anyone, or only your friends, or invite people to come and join you on your farm

Personally, seeing as I’ve already played more than 300 hours in this game and have 2 farms at year 5, one farm at year 3, two farms at year 2, I could do with some multiplayer action and help others

3 Likes

I thought I was getting into a simple farming game. This looks both intense and confusing. I’m excited to start this.

2 Likes

Haha, I thought so at first too. It’s anything but a simple farming game…

Save Anywhere is a great mod as well.

1 Like

I forgot about Save anywhere

I want to start tonight dammit!

2 Likes

Yeah I also want to start now.

2 Likes

I too am keen to get this started. I’m thinking of going for the hill-top map

2 Likes

Im considering the forest farm this time round, I am going to use the farm expander as well, but I always like foraging more than mining - so I tend to avoid the mine when possible, same with fishing.

I want to be a rancher I think this time round - aka all the animals

1 Like

Ja I prefer the animals as well, my first farm on switch I went too big with plantations and it got to be too much of a chore to work on it.

This time I wanna take the Wilderness farm and also use the expansion for more space if I want it.

2 Likes