[GameClub] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Finished the main quests in Velen. Now I’m going to do some treasure hunting and side questing.

I have some nitpicks about some of the dialogue flows and voice acting, but man this game is just consistently good.

It still has some of the best storytelling in any medium, from the writing to the environments. The Witcher’s level designers just did a phenomenal job. You can’t help but marvel at the beauty of some of the landscapes, and can’t help but be devastated by the places ripped apart by war.

3 Likes

I better not take a break… I got Blood and Wine when it came out, and just couldn’t get into it. All the new mechanics and such, I just noped out.

Not gonna let that happen this time.

My Nothern deck is pretty solid. Still need a few more of the uniques to be fully happy, but I’ll worry about that later.

2 Likes

Game of the decade!

4 Likes

Wat armor sets are you all sporting?

2 Likes

I agree. I love this game so much… Seriously considering buying The Switcher 3 to play it on the go and in bed.

3 Likes

Indeed!

2 Likes

Right now, Feline.

2 Likes

I just built the Griffin armour set. Not my favourite look, but it’s OK as a stepping stone until I get to level 20 or so.

Before this I was using the Temerian armour set. That looked decent and it had the benefit of being light armour. The Novigrad armour that’s the kinda-sorta upgrade of the Temerian set I once again didn’t like the look of.

I wish it were possible to upgrade the Warrior’s leather jacket that you start with forever.

2 Likes

So I was marking a bunch of unmarked books as read earlier, and wondered what y’all do…

• I read through all the text on each and every book/note.
  • I read through quest related texts on each book/note only
  • I highlight all books/notes to mark them as read
  • I don’t care either way, might read one or two, or none, and don’t care if they’re marked unread

0 voters

1 Like

Hearts of Stone has your back.

As for me I’m still using the modded Wild Hunt armour. Every couple of levels I go back to the merchant and just buy a better version since I discovered it scales.

2 Likes

Nice, I’m also currently busy with that questline.

1 Like

Sasha beat me twice before I had to change my deck to combat all her spies. I had no Gwent problems in the game until I played against her.

2 Likes

Must say when I faced her it was quite easy. The real problem was playing against Tybal or whatever his name was. That monster deck that the ability to summon other cards from your deck was a real headache for me

2 Likes

Hmm this is the first time this has happened
Just finished the legendary armor smith quest and while testing the armor the game removed my swords and now suddenly the level requirements are level 93 wtf! so I can’t reequip them.

2 Likes

Whoa.

I’ve also started experiencing some bugs as I play more of Velen, but so far mine have been mild ---- getting stuck on invisible level geometry, or being unable to interact with the Blacksmith and Blackbough.

1 Like

Have you tried to reload? Load from an auto save or something

Had one where I can’t dive. Just relogged and good to go

After having to run so many times in crows perch I went with this mod

2 Likes

Hahah we are part of this :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve been enjoying a lazy New Year’s Day (wife and I are a bit sick, so taking it slow), and I’ve clocked almost 50 hours of The Witcher 3 already.

Forgot that while Novigrad may look small, it has just as many quests to get lost in as the whole sprawl of Velen.

I have a few questions / want to get opinions from y’all.

1. I’m considering rushing the main quest so I can get to Kaer Morhen and get the Wolf armour. Not sure if it’s worth it, or if I should just slow roll it like I did the first time and go for the Cat School gear?

2. Are there any non-Witcher Gear armour or swords I should be looking at pre-DLC? I’m going for the Witcher School items because they give an XP bonus and I feel like leveling up as much as possible before a NG+ is the way to go. Thoughts?

1 Like