[GameClub] Transistor

Exactly me toooooooooo!

As much as i love the genre I suck at it

The best thing about Transistor is how simple, yet complex it can be.

You can slap together a build in a couple of minutes or you can spend an hour in the sand box trying out different combo’s.

I’d advise anyone to do the sandbox as it help you think a little more strategically and gives you some Much needed XP. Additionally, there is no right or wrong abilities to choose when leveling up. You’ll eventually get them all and then some! That’s when the game gets really fun.

First thing i noticed when i started was the amazing soundtrack. So far i’m really surprised at how fun it is playing this game

1 Like

Its why I love the game, the story telling, the voice actors and the stunning graphics.

You guys are making me want to book off another 3 weeks to play this right now!

1 Like

How do I do the “sandbox”?

Edit: Erm, the urban dictionary has a very interesting definition of “sandboxing”
You learn something new every day :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Don’t you know? It is the latest dance craze! /s

2 Likes

Once you start seeing “Backdoors” in the world, you’ll find the Sandbox/Practice area inside.

2 Likes

Nicely done @Blazzok! That was very quick.

1 Like

Completed the game! it’s a fairy quick play through once you find a suitable build. If you keep playing, NG+ is where game really shines with planning and combat. I tried to play with all the limiters but I need to work on some of my build.

The story is a little confusing but, once you play through the game you are given little more info to work it all out. It seems as if the Transistor seems to come from the same reality as the process. Which is why it can both create and destroy it.

4 Likes

Nicely done @Glordit!

I’m about 2 hours in. It’s an interesting game.

I still have to get the tactics right. It feels like I’m just spamming attacks and running away every time.

2 Likes

Just remember to use the pause mode to plan attack - I am terrible at it. but at least I manage - I do tend to lose a life every big fight

1 Like

I keep losing skills (or whatever it’s called in the game). That’s why I’m still stuck fighting Sybil. I’m doing the planning thing.

1 Like

I’m almost as far as the first time I tried it. Found I was level 6 last time I left the game, now I’m just about there near the end of level 5. I’m a little underwhelmed, mostly because I don’t feel like reading through all the skills and such, so I just randomly place them wherever…

I find I do better without the tactics most the time, since you don’t have a cooldown period. I’ll use the tactics when I need to get away.

Yeah I also lost a skill, 2 actually. left me unable to carry on fighting.

Oooh I almost forgot about this!

Bought it while on special for i think under R40 (dont think i had more in wallet at the time)
Just gotta remember to pop it on my download queue tonight then i’ll be able to know what all you bastards are talking about :smiley:

I played some more last night. The more abilities you get the more strategic the battles become which is pretty cool.

1 Like

I have now beaten Sybil.

3 Likes

Ah, congratz.

That reminds me, let me try again…

3 Likes