Gaming frustrations

Or 'hey level 3 player have this level 80 sword, which by the time you can use it you’ll have something 10 times better anyway"

and then vice versa, “hey level 80 player have this level 3 sword”…

Well you can always go sell it for 1 gold at a merchant on the other side of the map which you can’t fast travel to.

1 Like

RPG elements where there’s none needed.
Hold button to use.
Hide behind cover. Gaan skuil iewers anders, ek is hier om te bah bah
Hold button to use.
Multiple playthrough difficulties. Put more content in or just stop there and call it good.
Hold button to use.
Balance on the difficulty slider in options. If it’s an RPG, balance for end-game.
Hold button to use.
Describe what the options means. And describe it at someone technical, if it’s a technical option. If it’s not, just tell us what it does.
Hold button to use.
Treat gamers like they’re smart not dumb. The rest will find a way via online tutorials, friends, ANYONE with half a fucking brain, how to do something.
Hold button to use.
Fuck subscriptions.
Hold button to use.
Fuck hybrid client-server models.
Hold button to use.
Fuck 6 billion game launchers.
Hold button to use.
Notifications on by default.
Hold button to use.
UI flashy crap that look like a whore house in downtown Tokyo.
Hold button to use.
RPG Inventory management. If I spend 1 hour out of 4 hours, moving little bloody things around in my inventory, instead of playing the game. Then you’ve failed as the game designer.
Hold button to use.

Functionality first.
Wow-me second.
But really, wow me with your functionality.

Oh btw, Hold button to use.

6 Likes

Final one. Puzzles in non-puzzle games.

1 Like

Jumping puzzles. . . .

1 Like

ANY puzzles. Nothing grinds my gears more than hacking or shooting my way through stuff and then I have to bounce sunlight off something to move a pillar. It’s why I both love and hate Uncharted.

1 Like

Bayonetta is the furthest thing from being a realistic character, so I have to defend those heels as both a stylistic choice, and part of her overall character.

2 Likes

Or platforming in an FPS.

2 Likes

Ubisoft towers, they were fun the first time I climbed one in each city in the first Assassins Creed game, but enough is enough now, if you want to reveal the map to me, reveal it to me in a passive way, where I will simply reveal it either with my own exploration or by simply going through the story

1 Like

Correct. As well as platforming in anything that isn’t a platformer. Looking at you Fromsoft.

Ubisoft anything basically. Climb this, liberate that x 6000 + random animal

1 Like

One of my favourite games is a FPP platformer… Mirror’s Edge :blush:

3 Likes

At the moment its the dumb targeting in Animal Crossing New Horizons. I’m trying to get my island in order for the new big update next month and that means I have to move a lot of flowers, trees, etc. around to make space for new things. Now I look at a specific flower and press the button to get it out of the ground but then my character decides he wants to dig a hole next to it instead.

1 Like

Definitely!

I love my Ubisoft towers!

1 Like

Totally agree with this one, so much. I SUCK so bad at them and they make me quite anxious.

1 Like

But how else are you going to get that feeling of pride and accomplishment?

2 Likes

I’m talking fountains of junk. Look I like loot as much as the next guy, but I’m definitely a less is more kind of guy in that regard.

3 Likes

If we work together we could really come up with the worst game ever.
May do a thread on that

4 Likes

Bad ideas only!

1 Like

Absolutely!

But it needs to be sort of cohesive to a degree - as in this thing could possibly be an actual product

2 Likes