Gas shortage in Cape Town (and the incoming petrol price hike)

Sjoe what a mission to find plain and simple gas for a 9kg bottle. Finally found a place in Durbanville and left it there over night

1 Like

why dont you just have the bottle swapped for a full refill, i do that with my easigas one

2 Likes

No one has any bottles, we tried all over today so that is the best we could do - no gas from Bellville to plattekloof now

1 Like

i couldnt find a 9kg either so i swapped it for a 14kg at my local BP garage on Sunday and only Paid R330, he didnt even charge me the the difference between the 9kg and 14kg tanks.

1 Like

otherwise try shell fairview in welgelegen, they always have gas afaik

2 Likes

Problem is ours is for a gas heater - we cant fit bigger :stuck_out_tongue:
But next time I will try that Shell, our Engen also always has gas, but the guy reminded me, the price is going up tomorrow - people are going nuts

2 Likes

the place in Bothasig always has, they’re just down the drag on Plattekloof.

Also noticed Checkers is selling 9kg’s

2 Likes

Don’t they do refills at Makro or Mica?

2 Likes

Out here our 2 SPAR shops carry gas bottles for purchase or swapping out. Try yours maybe?

2 Likes

Trust me I went in a 15km circle, no one had gas today, all sold out on the 9kgs for some reason. But its ok, we have this set up so that one goes in and the empty gets refilled.

But thanks guys!

Im also happy cos Ive made R45 on steam thanks to steam master idle :smiley:

2 Likes

I didn’t realize petrol price was going up tonight. I now have a full tank.

2 Likes

Since lockdown started, I filled up my car once. It was at half a tank back then. I now have a 3/4 tank still left. I think we’re driven in total 150km since lockdown started…

1 Like

Pull my finger…

5 Likes

Same, and now my light is back on.

1 Like

Basic maths: car has 50lt tank. Petrol goes up by R2 per lt (its 1.7 but for the sake of maths 2). Filling up your car from empty will save you R100. If your car is half, saves R50.

You have to work out if it is worth doing or not.

2 Likes

I thought I was doing well with only using 3/4 of a tank this month. I’m not working from home though.

2 Likes

NEE!

Ek Weier

2 Likes

Since I filled mine last week, I cant be arsed, I did maybe 1/4 tank since then. Its the distance to the station for me isnt an issue but the saving is going to be like R30 so not worth it, if it was half then yes.

1 Like

I do that quick calc every time there’s a petrol increase. I see masses flock to garages and queue in order to “save”, for me it makes more sense to not do it, save myself the time and frustration.

2 Likes

I unfortunately have to fill my tank every week R500 per week :smirk:

2 Likes