Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Same as DPC - ran kak. Gave it a look last night after the shambles that our F1 racing was :grinning:

Crashed 3 times in 30 minutes. Same as I did on the Singapore circuit in F1 :joy:. Will have a closer look at it over the weekend though.

4 Likes

The multiplayer aspect was working well though. Easy enough to drop into someone’s game and no sync/rubberbanding issues that I experienced.

2 Likes

Started installing this morning…ummm, I would really appreciate it if someone could call in a bomb scare so that I can go home and play. I promise I’ll attend your trail and be a good character witness. :innocent:

2 Likes

I want to restart it, I made the game to dark and I cannot find the setting to change it - I can see just about nothing!

Hm… I’ll try it out this weekend. If it’s going to run shit or crash on me i’m not going to bother trying to sort it out

1 Like

Think I’ve worked enough today. Gonna start up Breakpoint now and hope for the best

4 Likes

Performance is quite good for me, playing on recommended.

yes, Wildlands mixed with GR Wildlands and some Division. Also feel there are also some AC Odyssey elements too. New collect and crafting element brought in to make boosts, but I cannot get my sync shot drones to work. Seems level 40 gear set is the highest you can go now.

The world is extremely pretty and I would love to have Ark look like that.

1 Like

Was going to mention that I did give it another try yesterday (or Friday night? Can’t remember now :neutral_face:) and it was a heck of a lot better performance-wise. In fact I think I saw your name floating around in the social hub cave place for a moment when I was there.

I think there may have been a small maintenance patch released in between my sessions as there was a little download that it installed before I started. Also, the servers were probably being flooded when I first tried.

Agree with you that it really looks very good. And your description of the gameplay is spot on too - they’ve definitely drawn on elements from their other franchises.

The only thing I feel is missing from the solo play is the lack of AI ghosts to play with. I understand having to do the intro “helicopter crash, get to the cave for safety” part solo as a mini tutorial. But once you’re there, there’s all these surviving Ghosts walking around but you can’t form a team with them to go out on missions?

Don’t force me to have to go the multiplayer route, find players who are at a similar level to me, and who aren’t going to kick me because I’ve got such crappy ping times, and who actually want to do the same missions as me at that time. Or if you and I do want do some co-op play, at least give us a couple of AI teammates to take along with us.

They are really pushing the same multiplayer mechanics like in Division. I think I spotted a raid icon too (sad day).

I think my character is fully leveled for the beta. My gear is at 40 and I cannot go after missions then the drone swarm comes for me.

1 Like

I like the game, will probably pre-order it. It feels a bit more difficult and paranoid than Wildlands. For one, those drones scanning for you, had my panicking at some stages.

One thing, the game looks a bit, washed out or “fuzzy”. Its as if the world isnt as “crisp” as it was in Wildlands.

Aiming when going first person view, feels awkard, I was thinking later after playing, perhaps I need to change my FOV. Yet, in other game, Wildlands, Div 1 and 2, I dont have this problem.

The hub, in The Division it feels kind of natural, I mean you are in a city fighting without ppl so its kind of logical that you will run into other players, but in Breakpoint, it feel weird being in combat alone and the next moment, you have lots of players with you in the hub. Breaks the immersion a bit for me.

Last thing, as someone stated, I miss my team mates from Wildlands and stibility and performance wise, had no issues. Was running at 2560 x 1440 with most settings at ultra (settings @ 0:10 seconds in below video)

I recorded a session playing the game. I do admit that I have had special forces training (I served in Vietnam, the 1st gulf war, Korea but I learned most of my skills with Napoleon against the Russians, those damned winters, Russia would be speaking French if not for it.) and my tactics and movement in the game is just pure awesome sauce, better sit down and strap yourself to your chair, dont stand up while watching it.

2 Likes

Great game, will buy!

1 Like

I’m itching for more now, miss that tactical sneaking. For me I love it when I try to go tactical thinking I’m the terror that flaps in the night and it all goes horribly wrong, then to go, “oh f~ck it!” and go all Arnold instead.
Sure you get punished for it, but not like “mission failed” please start over. And when you get to pull it off, the satisfied feeling is awesome. Remember in Wildlands, sneaking into a base, planting C4 all over the show, getting out without being noticed, detonating it and flying away. I must have been a RECCE in my previous life.

2 Likes

Im no good at the sneaky - I tend to lose patience, but played the open bate with my brother, besides some weird lag issues we loved the game. Definitely will be playing it

2 Likes

I received my review code yesterday :smiley:

2 Likes

Say what? You got some ‘splaining to do!

Where you getting review codes from? Who you doing reviews for? And why have you not posted any reviews to MEW?

1 Like

Yeah, I used to review for El33tOnline, had a break and now freelance for Nick de Bruyne’s Pennyworth Reviews :smiley: Did I not mention this before?

https://pennyworthreviews.com/author/oltmanbotha/

3 Likes

Wanted to post this earlier, but the week has been slightly hectic. Pre-ordered and loaded.
They sure have some great tech, the baddies, but they cant place proper brakes on the bikes? But when you want them to move, they sure to with gusto!

1 Like

I’ve played a bit over the weekend, liking it, world looks amazing, there are more environmental details on the ground, like shrubs and long grass making easier to creep up on targets. Really not missing my squad mates at the moment, maybe I’ll be crying for them later.
Also, the map, that you can switch it off with tab, it comes up with when you mark enemies.

Feels a bit more tactical, more than Wildlands, but less than ARMA 3. (Try playing ARMA 3 and then directly go play a match of BF or COD, doesnt work, gameplay is totally different.)

• Weapons are great, targets arent bullet sponges.

• As above, moving around stealthy is fun, I am not the hugest of stealth players, but this is great.

• The stamina level I like, it was there in Wildlands, but I upgraded mine to max so my character could do the SA marathon with all gear, both ways. I’ve upgraded mine, so will see how it foes.

• Like the feeling of needing to be careful when running downhill.

• The world feels empty, understandably, because of the setting, but doesnt change that the world feels like open playground. Still, early levels.

• You can play in two modes, one, where you need to uncover clues and the second where it shows you the next objective. I’m playing with the latter.

• The hub thingy, not a fan, breaks the emergence of being in the jungle almost alone, wtf are these lazy asses doing lounging around! (yeah yeah, other players, but if feels like that)

• Movement feels a bit strange, sometimes being on a cliff and turned or wanting to move backwards makes you move forward and fall off.

• Vehicles, the sounds imho, were a bit off in the beta, liking revving when it shouldnt, heard similar sounds in the game, where the engine sounds didnt make sense.

• Online only…STAHP IT!! FFS! We couldnt play single player on Friday afternoon for more than 1 hour!

Anyway, early days, but enjoying the game.

3 Likes

I see there is a data tracking thing for your character too:

My Profile (Try not to laugh!! :grimacing: )

3 Likes