Ghost Recon Breakpoint

I really wanted to join the military after school, but ermm…no. lol, in my naivety I even applied to the US army :laughing:

1 Like

I was blown away by the game last night, got a chopper and started going nuts blowing up stuff. As I flew causing mayhem and destruction, the sun had started to set and maaaaaaaannnn does it look awesome. I recorded a vid, will upload later if loadshedding permits it tonight.

Again, I like how you can take on some of the battles depending on your mood. Some smaller camps you can outright assault, laying waste with a LMG. Or you can go in ninja like or even just pick them off from afar.

Doesnt work for bigger bases though, can get pretty hectic.

The AI sometimes makes me go wtf? I was in a tower, with a roof over me. They lobbed bombs at me, but it fell on the roof, neither did they try to get up the stairs. I lay still for a while after which they “lost” me. Got bored and plinked them off one by one.

4 Likes

Looks like I forgot to link the video

2 Likes

Patch incoming, expect around 9GB again.

2 Likes

Hi all,

Babbelbekkie (Talk alotin Afrikaans) is looking for fun, helpful, friendly GHOSTS to join us for daily adventures in Breakpoint.

Our Discord is full of people from all over the world - so long you are able to chat via mic and play nicely with others - you are welcome.

Pop by https://discord.gg/qP9XM33 and come say hi.

3 Likes

Man I’d love to join you guys but Imma have to wait for that thing to go on a good special :frowning:

2 Likes

30 Euro atm

https://store.ubi.com/ie/tom-clancy-s-ghost-recon-breakpoint/5cc81f5f6b54a4cd3c0e9cfd.html

2 Likes

"To give players more freedom in their appearance options, players are now able to change their gender and face selection at any time in the Customization menu." <— wth? They only list 2 genders! I am so offended by this! How dare they assume my gender to be one of those!?

apache

3 Likes

Ugh, that’s a good price. But still a bit rich for my blood at this point

1 Like

50% for this week.

2 Likes

I love those little moments some games can give you. Being able to do things in your own way. Need to destroy a drone. Was worried about how, basically my first big drone take down. It’s one on the road.
Saw it followed a predictable route, planted some mines…wait, I’ve got C4 too…lets make a mix! Nice little heap of C4 and Mines.
While waiting, I’m like…wait, does it scan for objects or danger ahead? Eventually found out, nope, it doesnt. Drove onto the surprise, big baddaboom, but took only 1/3 damage. Finnish it off with 2 RPG rounds.
Ran like a piggy from a Wimpy kitchen and flew away.

3 Likes

Ummmm, with the new patch TU 2.0.0 patch, htf do you select vehicles that you have purchased in the mountain camp. Previously you would be able to choose one at a Bivouac camp, but thats removed now. I’m playing in the Immersive mode if that makes any difference.

nm, found it, was an option where you set all your particular playing style.

I hear a new ‘update’ has been added that gives different game modes, primarily “immersive mode”. How is that?

Turns the game into how Wildlands was, they tried to turn Ghost Recon Breakpoint into a forest version of The Div, not that I mind, you just had many of the weapons with various different stats, wish they would hurry up and add back your 3 AI squad mates.

One thing I like is removing your online friends and people from your base, for me it really broke the immersion.

1 Like

So you play it as immerseful as possible and as a solo experience?

yup, I like that experience. It was kinda of weird being out in the jungle and when you got back to the base, everyone was standing around.

I was using VULKAN, but every now and then, when I leave the map screen, I would be stuck between 10 and 20 fps in game. Games stays around 60-70fpsmostly. Sometimes it would go away but other times, no. Weird.

lol some people takes things far and really have a fetish for role playing… even physically talks to NPC’s :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So, with lockdown I took the special 53% off for Uplay+, and installed Breakpoint to give it a got. I’ve played about 4 hours of the game and I have some thoughts:

With the new update, I must say I am loving the game. I am playing without any weapon or gear levels, and it’s a great experience. The game feels like I what I wanted from a Ghost Recon game.

The Ghost settings in general is really great. I’ve setup the game in such a way that there is no mission markers, nor any informative mini-map, and it does change the game to be a much more focused military game. You have to study the map and clues closely if you want to find your objective, and even then, traversing the map is dangerous as you never know when there is enemies coming.

So far I am liking the game and will give it a bit more of my time.

1 Like

Wish granted:

AI Teammates are back, Ghosts. Fury, Fixit, and Vasily have got your back. Customize their look, loadout, and behavior when the free update drops July 15!