GOG Galaxy 2.0

zOMG! I was invited to the beta on 19 August and I missed the mail!

No man, I could’ve been enjoying this gloriousness for more than a month.

3 Likes

Ag nee my fok Gregory! :man_facepalming:

(Read your post, went searching through my Gmail account, and lo and behold… 6 August for me.)

5 Likes

You guys…

3 Likes

Finally received my invite today

5 Likes

So many people with invites, but no comments on how it’s going? I am really interested to hear what people have to say about this.

3 Likes

Its good so far. Was able to integrate steam,origin ad uplay with no issues. No issues launching games either.

Achievements working fine so far.

Friends list not yet.

3 Likes

It just works. A few updates ago steam intregration got a bit stuck.
Epic launcher had the issue of using there service too many times.(I deleted that shit epic launcher)

I know they are also working on the duplcal entries for games.
If you own the game on multi platforms it will show it that many times.
There are lots of qol things still missing but hopefully they will add them.

2 Likes

Second (or is it third?) the others’ thoughts - it just works. If you ever did apply go search your GOG-linked email account. You may be surprised at what you’ll find…

This has been sorted in the latest update (I got it earlier this week). Library view now lists the stores that you have the game in and shows appropriate icons when you hover over it…

2019-11-22

And then from the game’s details page you can choose which version to install or run…

2019-11-22%20(1)

4 Likes

Thanks for the prod, @DieGrootHammer. We’ve been very bad :stuck_out_tongue:.

I have connected every one of my accounts and everything just seemed to work seamlessly. I’ve been testing it on Windows and Mac. This screenshot comes from macOS. A pretty cool feature is being able to create collections (“bookmarks”) based on filters. I created one for all the Mac-compatible games in my collection.

On Windows there was some weirdness with The Outer Worlds on my Xbox Account, but it eventually detected that it was installed on my PC and let me launch it from the GOG2.0 interface.

It doesn’t entirely replace the other launchers, unfortunately. Thanks to DRM, you still need to have Steam open when you launch your games installed through Steam.

The fact that GOG2.0 can aggregate all your Xbox Game Pass for PC titles in one place may be what wins this for them. Now that I have Game Pass (for at least 3 months, anyway), I foresee myself coming back to GOG2.0 just for that feature.

1 Like

I just got that update as I launch it today haha.

1 Like

So, some nana lost his BETA download link… Anybody want to share it here please? Ahem.

https://www.gogalaxy.com/en/download?custom[cbt_user_id]=226399

Is mine, but assume you’ll need to figure out your user ID number.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

For future reference, it can be downloaded from the link below. It just depends on your account having been given access from with the app itself.

1 Like

To add to this don’t change your email or you will loose access to galaxy 2.0.

3 Likes

Galaxy 2 is now in open beta mews

5 Likes

Yea pity I cannot remember my log in details for the platforms

1 Like

Get yourself a password manager then you have to remember that one password.

I have over 250 login details stored some are over 5 years old.

3 Likes

Who is
ms1988?

Still no linux client. That’s fine though, I got my DRM free Wasteland 2, so I’m happy

2 Likes