GOG Galaxy 2.0

I honestly regret linking my accounts to this platform - I have had attempts from the night I linked my epic, origin, uplay and steam to this platform - all of them had numerous attempts to log into these accounts from all over the world suddenly.

Thankfully I have 2 factor authentication on all platforms.

1 Like

Do you think it is related? Because I had 2 Uplay and 1 PSN forgotten password requests, but I did not link PSN.

I also have 2 factor authentication, so even if they ha e my passwords they still cannot get in.

Seems legitā€¦

1 Like

Its the only place I have reused my passwords in a while. So I donā€™t see where else this came from and it is really all the accounts I linked - and literally I had 5 attempts on each account since I linked them 3 days ago and it started within 2 hours of linking them on galaxy. Now that I have removed - no attempts again.

Im very sceptical when this kind of thing happens - I had my steam account hacked once - never again. I will stick to separate launchers for now.

Ironically all the sites my email was leaked are all in the usa - there is a VERY DUMB Fooken idiot - who doesnt know how to spell his freaken email - he uses mine, his name is Steven . . . .

Sorry, that sucks! I really hope it is just a bad coincidence, but might just unlink mine to be safeā€¦

1 Like

Its the only logical thing I can find. I scanned my pc for any dodgy stuff and nothing came up - so yea, Im gonna stay clear for now.

Well perhaps its time you change your email.
Since clearly that person has been slacking on security and your suffering.

I have had the same one for over 20 years, why should I change :smiley: I just move his crap to spam

OT: I got my Gmail when it was in early BETA and you could only get invited, and you had only 5 invitations to use. I still could not get the one I wantedā€¦

1 Like

My GOG Galaxy 2.0 launcher has been quite unstable since it went into public beta.

It re-imports my Steam library every time I launch it, and it randomly crashes on startup sometimes.

I hope they sort it out soon. I really like it otherwise!

1 Like

I think thereā€™s something up with the community-provided Steam integration add-on. Iā€™ve disconnected and reconnected itā€¦

If that doesnā€™t fix it, Iā€™ll just leave Steam unconnected to GOG for now.

1 Like

steam has been fine for me.

But have that issue with the bethesda one.

2 Likes

Ran into a problem where my GOG Galaxy cloud saves for Witcher 3 are failing. Itā€™s not a GOG Galaxy 2.0 issue per se, but the client gives you a link to click to retry which just does nothing.

Apparently thereā€™s an issue with the GOG Galaxy platform where you only get 1GB of storage space for cloud saves, but no way to manually manage it.

Also, the GOG Galaxy client just tells you the sync has failed without telling why or how to fix it.

Iā€™ll delete some of my old autosaves/checkpoints in The Witcher 3 when I get a chance and post if that fixes the issue or not.

2 Likes

Actually got an error message today! I guess thatā€™s somethingā€¦

1 Like

Is the 1GB limit per game or in total?

2 Likes

It seems to be per game, but the error message doesnā€™t make it completely clear.

3 Likes

How big are these save files that theyā€™ve used 1GB of space? How many do you have stored?

3 Likes

Iā€™ll have to check, but I have a lot. I like to make a manual save at every major milestone and then there are all the autosaves and checkpoints as well.

2 Likes