GOG Galaxy 2.0

Still having trouble with GOG’s cloud save system. Probably spent upwards of an hour trying to manually clean up my saves as per a recommendation I read from a CD Projekt dev on the forums somewhere.

When I quit the game, I still get the “cloud space full” warning, and when I relaunch the game, all my deleted saves from before 5 January are restored.

In other words, deleting saves inside the game doesn’t actually delete them from the cloud.

Then I found this support article, which says that you need launch the game, ALT+TAB out, delete/move the saves, then quit the game.

However it will take 24 hours to actually delete saves that were marked for deletion while the game was running. So if you want to keep playing, you need to then disable cloud saves for 24 hours to make sure they don’t get synced back to your machine.

Good grief!

2 Likes

My first attempt at fixing my cloud saves did not work.

GOG Galaxy 2.0 kept displaying the “Sync Failed” error message, even though I had disabled cloud saves.

When I re-enabled cloud saves, it synced all 1GB of my old saves back down again. It didn’t overwrite my current saves so I didn’t lose any progress, thankfully.

Here’s a screenshot of GOG Galaxy destroying my Internet connection is it downloaded all 1GB of my Witcher 3 cloud saves that it did not delete, for some reason.

I’m trying this trick one more time. This time I quite and relaunched The Witcher 3 twice to try and make sure that the “Sync Failed” error message in GOG Galaxy 2.0 is cleared.

Here’s hoping it works this time. Otherwise I’ll have to try my luck with CD Projekt tech support.

2 Likes

Try this as well before you try support.

Summary

Please make a backup of your save files( default: C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Game Title ).

Now you can launch the game, Alt+Tab out of it, manually move the files outside of the save directory, after you close the game the sync should also remove them from the server.

After doing the above, please log out of the Galaxy app. You might need to wait a while for the database to refresh and remove the files in the cloud. Starting the game again right after removing files might download them to your drive.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s what I’ve been doing. They only step I missed from what you posted was logging out of the Galaxy app. Instead, I disabled cloud saves.

I’ve been following the instructions of this official support page:

That way I get to keep playing The Witcher and logging achievements and stuff.

2 Likes

New update now allows for Subscriptions to be added to your library. See Origin Access, UPlay + and Xbox Game Pass settings.

1 Like