Halo: Infinite and All Things Halo

How is it possible that we don’t have a topic dedicated to all things Halo? One of gaming’s most beloved and iconic franchises deserves no less.

We do have news of the Master Chief Collection going to PC, and of 343 studios is collaborating with Showtime and Steven Spielberg's Amblin to make a Halo TV series, but otherwise, all the mentions of the games are tucked away in other general topics.

Sadly, the first bit of Halo info to go in here is news today of a delay to 2021 for Halo: Infinite.

3 Likes
2 Likes

A franchise I have always admired from afar, and sad to admit, I have never gotten into the franchise. Whch is kinda weird to say as I do love me some good sci-fi content and from what I can gather, Halo has this firmly covered.

But the universe is so massive, ranging from series, book and games. I guess that is one of the reasons that I feel it’s rather daunting.

3 Likes

I played all the Halo games except the RTS ones.

They are perfectly fine but I never got the hype. In my opinion there are much better first person shooters out there.

I’ll play Infinite when it comes out but will prioritise other games.

4 Likes

I really love Halo, 2 and 4 are my favourites so far.

my name tag is a nod to John-117 and I even wrote a song about Halo 2 called “The Flood”.

The story is quite epic and gameplay rock solid.
I recommend playing the main games and ignoring the spinoffs unless you really get into the universe.
Even better…watch The Fall of Reach movie before playing the first game.

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted to play Halo but thanks to it being an xbox exclusive, never got the chance… until now :smirk:
It is one of the games I’ve downloaded to start playing (but has to be in front of the PC, not with controller). The other one is Gears of War. Haven’t played any of it for the same reason.

3 Likes

I like the Gears of War games more than Halo. A lot more really.

2 Likes

I tried Halo - wasnt pulled into the story at all, Gears I tried the latest and got distracted, will give that a try again sometime soon

Not a huge fan, but might give this a try!

3 Likes

Likewise.

1 Like

Never really finished any othe titles in their respective titles. I keep wanting to play Halo and get involved in the saga as it really seems like it’s something that would be right up my alley. I love these kind of space sci-fi things.

Minimum and Recommended specs for Infinite have just been announced. And they’re a little higher than I’d have guessed… at least on the Recommended level.

3 Likes

So on this front, I have been desiring a need to experience a sci-fi saga and the first thing that came to mind was Halo, sadly I don’t own the Mass Effect games. I am busy downloading the MCC to my One X, yowzers, 150GB download.

Are there any Halo franchise fans here and recommend any specific order to play these games? I see a lot of posts about playing in release order, playing in chronological order and some hybrid approached which include Reach and ODST (I don’t even know what these are), and then there are also spin-off games that seem to be canon.

I am not looking for revolutionary gameplay or a primary FPS game to play. I plan on playing on easy, possibly split-screen with my wife, and focusing solely on the story. I might play some MP to get to experience it. Ultimately I am hoping to get into the story specifically.

Also, on a side note, I by no means intend to get into lore, books, movies, series, comics, etc.

Some helpful sources:

and

https://www.quora.com/I-want-to-start-playing-the-Halo-games-but-there-are-so-many-do-I-have-to-start-in-chronological-order-if-it-effects-the-story-or-can-I-play-any-one-I-want-If-so-which-one-is-the-best

1 Like

I had the exact same problem a few months ago. I started with Reach, played about an hour or 2 then moved to Master Chief in Halo 1. Another 2 hours and I gave up… I just cannot get into it. I am by no means discouraging you from it, give it a go! I just never really GOT Halo…

Appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

As I have noticed, some recommendations are you play Reach first as it is a prequel however a concern for myself, as I have also noticed someone mentioning, is that you would be moving backwards in mechanic progression as Reach was made later in the franchise product cycle and then coming moving forward to Halo 1 with older gameplay.

But yeah, I completely get what you’re saying and appreciate your input. This is the type of feedback I was hoping to receive.

1 Like

If you’re not into the story, then the order you play does not matter. I would suggest playing Reach, Halo 3 or Halo 4 then first. Those are the best Halo games by far, so if you can get into those, then you can play the other Halo games to see where it all came from. Those Halo games also includes the most features and content for what you’re looking at getting from it.

3 Likes

CALLING. ALL. SPARTANS. ​
HALO INFINITE IS COMING DECEMBER 8

Get Halo Infinite on launch day with Game Pass.

Halo Infinite will launch with a free-to-play multiplayer mode and a single-player campaign, but it won’t have co-operative campaign multiplayer or its map-editing Forge mode at launch.

2 Likes

While I am (attempting) playing through the Halo franchise I found this rather interesting and thought I would share if anyone wanted to brush up on anything prior to Infinite.

https://gamerant.com/halo-infinite-complete-chronological-order/

1 Like

To compliment that, here’s the complete Halo saga in an attempted 5 minutes that runs to 22 minutes:

1 Like

A solid overview of the campaign in the upcoming Halo Infinite:

1 Like