Halo: The Master Chief Collection on PC and Steam

If you're one of the PC gaming elite and have always been a little jealous that you were not able to play Halo, a revolutionary game some say, you can now drop that greenish complexion and celebrate that Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to PC and will also be releasing on steam.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/halo-the-master-chief-collection-coming-to-steam/
2 Likes

I read the article earlier today and Iā€™m extremely excited about it. I only ever got to play Halo 3 on XBOX 360 and absolutely loved the campaign and the bit of multiplayer I got to play. Iā€™ll gladly play through the whole saga in order.

Just a note on the postā€™s body - the bullets seem to be messed up, as itā€™s showing both bullets and numbers, with all of them showing number ā€œ1ā€.

2 Likes

Thanks I fixed it :smiley:
Also very excited for this, never played a halo in my life but I wanna!

1 Like

Thatā€™s actually pretty awesome, I always wanted to play the campaign, could only ever play the first one, and I enjoyed it.

I want to try it as well.

1 Like

Very good news indeed. I think this is going to be huge for Microsoft and the Halo franchise in general. Anyone that hasnā€™t played Halo yet, most definitely have to get this. It is one of the very best FPS franchises there is.

Also, the memes have been on point:

Poor Epic Store.

2 Likes

I see on the Steam page that the game requires an Xbox Live account. I wonder if a Gold sub will be needed for the multiplayer?

1 Like

No according to reports, you do not need it. You can only get a free Xbox Live account to play multiplayer.

2 Likes

as much as i love halo i already own 2 copies (original individual releases and the master chief collectecion) of all of these games so as much as i want to experience it with keyboard and mouse, im not going to pay for it again and this doesnt look like its going to be a play anywhere release.

1 Like

Kinda funny. Fans are so happy that they have swamped the studio with pizza.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always wanted to play Halo so finally here is my chance. I hope the graphics is ok.

1 Like

halo 2 anniversary looks the best since its graphics engine was built for the xbox one, halo 4 is another great looking title, it was a 360 game but it looks damn amazing.

halo 1 anniversary and halo 3 looks okay ish in my opinion, doesnt have the same wow factor it had when it came out

Halo: Reach private testing on PC was supposed to start sometime in April, butā€¦

The downside is that the Win10/Steam release of Reach probably wonā€™t be made by the end of May as was originally hoped. The upside is that you are still able to join the Halo Insider Program and may be considered for that delayed public testing for Reach, and future MCC PC releases.

The Halo Insider Program is the new way Halo fans and community members can partner with 343 Industries to improve our games, products, and services. As a Halo Insider, youā€™ll have the opportunity to regularly provide feedback and insights that help shape and inform current franchise initiatives and the future of Halo. You will also be given exclusive opportunities to participate in public flights of in-progress Halo game releases and provide feedback to the development teams.

You can opt in for either or both console and PC public flighting. Donā€™t know about console (I opted out of that one) but the only PC flighting available at the moment is for Halo: Reach, which is being done through Steam. (Although the game and the rest of the MCC will be available through both Steam and the Win10 Store, all pre-release testing will happen through Steam.)

In addition to accepting a pretty strict, but fairly standard, NDA/Confidentiality note, youā€™ll need to sign-up with a Microsoft Account from the PC that you want to use to test the game on, be prepared to run and submit a DXDiag report from that machine when you apply, and connect your Steam account to your application.

1 Like

2 Likes

Weā€™re getting ready to kick off public flighting of Halo: Reach this month. Please visit www.haloinsider.com to sign up for a chance to participate in MCC flighting and join us on this journey.

On PC, weā€™re excited to confirm that each game within MCC will be included with an Xbox Game Pass for PC subscription as they become available.

In addition, each title can be purchased individually ā€“ Halo: Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, and Halo 4 will be offered at $9.99 on both the Microsoft Store and Steam while Halo 3: ODST within MCC (with a current scope of Campaign only), will be available for $4.99. Players will have flexibility to purchase any or all the games at any point along the way as they become available.

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/09/halo-at-e3-2019/#TcHAJpigEjFil5Du.99

Halo: Reach available today as part of the Halo Master Chief Collection:

Out on Xbox Game Pass for PC, or on Steam as included DLC for the Steam edition of the Halo MCC.

1 Like

The next MCC release, Halo 2: Anniversary, is coming next week - 12 May.

1 Like

I so want to play through this series! Is the whole seriesā€™ campaign available co-op?

1 Like

I have downloaded this to start it, just havent gotten time to play it.

I should try tonight, if no one bothers me

Attention Spartans - Halo 2: Anniversary is now available for PC via Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta), the Microsoft Store, and Steam! Get Halo 2 for the platform of your choice HERE and read on for more details on the latest title to join Halo: The Master Chief Collection on PC.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-2-anniversary-now-available-for-pc

2 Likes