The Official Xbox Thread

Maybe a bit late to the party (and I did try searching for a dedicated thread) for MasterChief Collection. While I have been looking for a good story or narrative rich experience to play, I decided to try MCC and started with Reach.

The game starts off great with an awesome intro scene and while I love a good sci-fi experience this was feeding into that for me. The game (or rather the remaster) looks awesome and seems to be building up, then came the combat… now I dunno if this is just my set up or environment as I am playing on OG Xbox One with TV speakers but I was left rather underwhelmed by the experience and somewhat offputting. The gun sounds seem to be very flat with no real ‘kick’ to them, they seem to lack any substance. The rest of the audio from voices to music sounds awesome so I’m wondering if it’s me or poor balancing on their part.

Anyone have any input?

My controllers don’t have headphone jacks iirc.

I’m just joking. I played through the MasterChief Collection a while back. Can’t really remember the gun sounds.

Seems Reach is the latest addition to the Collection.

I just found this as well, uploaded a few days ago.

1 Like

We’ve been using this Scribe thread…

Will tag it Official and move it to Gaming now.

1 Like

I have decided to upgrade my 1tb external to a 2tb one as 1tb is highly inadequate for the one X

1 Like

Yeah I can relate, I’ve moved all my games to a 1TB external. After downloading games like the MCC you realise how quickly that space gets consumed.

2 Likes

Games With Gold Now Avaialble:

2 Likes

My decade on Xbox (a cool feature on true achievements)

3 Likes

Here’s mine:

2 Likes

series X from the back

4 Likes

wht on earth is that big rectangular slot for, above HDMI?

1 Like

might be a proprietary SSD storage expansion slot ?

1 Like

Eurogamer agrees with @DohcWP:

However, the nature of the port to the left of the HDMI output that remains a mystery. Brad Samms suggests that it’s some kind of diagnostic port that may not appear on final hardware (this unit is clearly marked as a prototype). However, although purely speculation on our behalf, we wouldn’t be surprised at all if this eventually turns out to be an expandable storage bay for NVMe PCI Express drives, perhaps encased in some kind of stick-like cartridge configuration - an idea mooted by our very own John Linneman when the Series X was first unveiled.

It definitely looks about the right width for a NVMe card…

Maybe the slot goes pretty far into the case, and the card works much like SSD cards do at the moment with a push to insert and a push again to release.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-xbox-series-x-rear-port-configuration-revealed-in-new-leak

1 Like

OH SHIT :sunglasses:

12 teraflops of GPU power vs the 9.2 that the PS5 is rumoured to have

2 Likes

I saw a breakdown somewhere of leaked specs where they suggested GPU power alone isn’t everything. PS5 will have a stronger processor and more RAM. All in all it boils down to the exclusives, of which Sony always kills every console generation.

XBox has Game Pass. Also Microsoft bought a couple of really good companies. And XCloud and Hellblade 2.

Hellblade 2!

I’ll be buying the XBox Series X at launch.

Urgh, are we going down the route again of console wars? I have no time for that. I’ll definitely be buying the Xbox though

3 Likes

I will most probably be buying a PS5. Reason being is that Microsoft is doing a good job of making their prime exclusives (Gears, Halo, Forza) available on PC these days. That means my PC (which will inevitably be better than an XBOX) will be better equipped to play the games.

But seeing as I recently got a Switch Lite and haven’t had much time to game, with 99% of that time being on the Nintendo console, I’m questioning even the PS5 decision. All I play is Zelda BotW these days and I’m nowhere near done. When I am, Super Mario Odyssey will be waiting for me. After that, a sequel to either (or both?) will be available. With my limited game time (mostly half an hour before bed every other evening) the Switch Lite suits my current lifestyle perfectly.

1 Like