Hitman Franchise - Hit Me Baby, One More Time

This will be going to my HDD tonight for some VR action tomorrow morning!

2 Likes

So my Game Pass install won’t launch. Like at all. Won’t start from desktop shortcut, or from inside the Xbox app. Have verified files and still nothing. Will uninstall and try a reinstall overnight. A bit irritating.

Meanwhile…

The game’s Steam page is now live, and it can’t just be me, but it’s confusing as heck:

All these weird combinations of bundles. And none of them that are “Complete Your Collection” type bundles. Way too overcomplicated. Also, the prices are way higher than what I would have expected for a year-old game, and it’s much older earlier editions. R1K for HM3 Standard? R1.5K for HM Trilogy?

Those prices are also significantly higher than HM3 was on Epic with Regional Pricing. And it was on sale there very recently too. I picked up the Deluxe version, with an Epic Coupon during the Winter Sale for R157. Can’t remember the exact selling price, but it was around R500 for Standard and around R650 for Deluxe.

And sadly, those Steam prices look like IOI have intentionally removed all regional pricing. The Epic Store prices have all just been increased to match the Steam pricing. So it seems they’ve removed the regional pricing from there too. Yeah, that’s some serious bullshit mate!

It’s not just me…

Yip, nor does mine. A split second of the blue ring next to my cursor and then nothing… Was hoping to play either this or R6 Extraction… But nope!

1 Like

Glad to hear that. (In a “thank you for sharing my irritation and frustration - I was worried I was the only one” kind of way of course.)

Also having issues with launching R6E. Can get it to start but nothing past the intro cutscene - game tells me I must be online when I am online. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Mine worked this morning from Game Pass. VR is a total miss though… weird controls and insane hardware requirements. Looks like I’ll give this one a skip.

Found a solution to the problem. It has to do with the Advanced Installation features that you, like me, probably have activated in your Xbox app.

First, uninstall any Hitman 3 or Hitman Trilogy installations from the Xbox app.

Then, in the Xbox app…

• Click your profile (top right)
  • Select “Settings”
  • Select “General”
  • Find “Game Install Options” section
  • Uncheck “Use advanced installation and management features”
  • Close the Xbox app fully, either from the system tray or task manager
  • Open the app again, then reinstall the game
  • Run game and proceed to assassinate all the peoples

You should be able to reenable the advanced installation option afterwards for future installations. It’s a nice option to have, especially if you’re using multiple drives in your PC, as it allows you to select not only a specific drive, but also a specific folder for your installs, which will then be unencrypted. Without it you can only select a drive and your game will install into the WindowsApps folder on that drive, in that weird encrypted format it uses.

If you do turn it back on though do not go back into the Hitman settings and take the option to “Enable Advanced Features” as this will put you right back to where we are now.

Hmmm… guess I’ll be waiting for a sale. Usually the games release at 50% sale when coming to Steam from Epic. Not paying full price.

1 Like

For those that installed the Trilogy on PC, how the hell does the disc space work? I’ve played Hitman 2 and that was 150 GB to install, how is the trilogy only 56 GB install?

It takes up around 60GB odd on my PC currently…

Okay, but I assume it is only o e of the games then, not all 3 Hitman games. Or it’s like a selection of levels and you will need to i stall the others later? I don’t get how the previous games are so much bigger than the Trilogy that’s supposed to be all three of them.

1 Like

Better reuse and culling of unused assets perhaps?

1 Like

What @FarligOpptreden suggested, but also LZ4 compression.

Hitman 3 uses a technique called LZ4 compression that’s been around for about a decade. Almost everything in the game runs through this compression algorithm, which is especially efficient.

ETA: Go have a look at some of the posts about updates and patch sizes in the New World topic. Their game is borked, but those AGS devs sure can compress a patch file.

2 Likes

I installed the XBox subscription one, but it seems I can’t transfer my saved games from Steam. Anyway, decided to go back to Hitman 2 and noticed that there were two levels that I haven’t completed yet, but I could swear that I completed Hitman 2. I think they might have been added afterwards because these two levels have cutscenes between the levels whereas the other only had voice-overs with static images.

I’ll just replay these levels until Hitman 3 goes on special on Steam.

IOI trying desperately to save some face after the less than stellar Steam launch of Hitman 3 and Hitman Trilogy.

Everyone on Steam who has already bought HITMAN 3, or anyone that buys the game through to February 19th 2022, will be granted a free upgrade.

→ All HITMAN 3 Standard Edition owners will get a free upgrade to the HITMAN 3 Deluxe Edition .

→ All HITMAN 3 Deluxe Edition or HITMAN Trilogy owners will get a free upgrade to the Seven Deadly Sins Collection .

Still not enough to convince me to drop R1000 for HM3 or R1500 for HM Trilogy, but all power to those that do.

2 Likes

With the release of Hitman’s new game mode - Freelancer - Hitman III has now become Hitman: World of Assassination. Existing owners of HM3 will have a 4.8 GB update that adds Freelancer and changes the III to World of Assassination, new buyers get the same content as HM3 with Freelancer included.

Is on 45% off through to 2 Feb on Steam, 14 Feb on Epic, 3 Feb on PlayStation, ?? Feb on Xbox. Also Still on Game Pass for Console.

Hitman - IO Interactive

3 Likes