Hogwarts Legacy: A Harry Potter RPG

It is possible that it is a fake but the footage looks quite good.

3 Likes

I see in the article that it could be Rocksteady developing the game - with that kind of pedigree behind it, it could be quite an awesome game!

2 Likes

YES! I’m not that into RPG games but anything related to the Potter Universe makes me excited.

1 Like

I keep looking at it and either someone is getting fired or it was intentional to get some hype going

2 Likes

In the article they mention it was obtained through a focus group… so at first glance i’d say someone is getting fired but then again it might be intentional. We’ve had “leaks” before and those where always kind of obviously done to gain hype.

1 Like

Well, generally how the focus groups run is :

• Sign a NDA
  • Leave all electronics and recording devices at the door
  • Play game
  • Answer questionnaire / conduct interview
  • reiterate NDA
  • return electronics

So unless someone is getting fired it’s an intentional leak or a very clever hoax

2 Likes

Someone looking to get huge upvotes on reddit who has a wearable spycam?

This would be a strange and crappy way to get hype for a Potter game but anything is possible I guess.

2 Likes

It would be a really weird and unique way of building hype for a game imo

Edit: And the video has been taken down lol

1 Like

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-02-no-rocksteady-isnt-making-the-leaked-harry-potter-game

1 Like

And not uncommon either though. The last God of War had “leaked” footage, Fallout 4 had a massive “leaked” footage thing just before launch. And even more recently Spider-Man and FIFA19 had “leaked” footage prior to release. It’s a cheap trick to generate hype that seems to get used more and more. Wouldn’t surprise me if they announced a beta/pre-release date for Q1 2019 in the next month or two.

1 Like

damn, video blocked ;-(

1 Like

Mirrors are still available:

3 Likes

3 Likes

I think 2021 is to going to be a quieter year of releases as we start feeling the impact on development that 2020 caused.

2 Likes

Despite being one of the most anticipated games of the last three years, until today, little has been known about Hogwarts Legacy, and how it will play. Following the Sony and WB Games reveal announcement and trailer back in September 2020, eager wizard and witch wannabes have been polishing their wands in patient anticipation.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/hogwarts-legacy/
2 Likes

The game looks really good. Hogwarts is such an ideal location for a game.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Looks pretty good. Much better than the other HP games.

2 Likes

I remember having fun with the first two Harry Potter games back in the day. This looks like HP grown up, and with the graphics available these days it will certainly be the definitive rendition of Hogwarts.

2 Likes

Latest footage is looking amazing, let’s hope it lives up to the hype:

2 Likes