So I’m curious. I’m wanting to put up a potential feature on MEW and have it as a weekly feature, but I am also wanting to gain some insight, as a result, this thread appears.
I want to know from all of you, how do YOU play games?
- This is not a thread about on which platforms you play, I couldn’t care too much about semantics. Gaming is gaming no matter which platform you play on.
- What I am interested in is the way(s) you play games.
- Are you the type to play whatever you’re in the mood for at the time?
- Do you play one single game to completion?
- Do you play games in a specific difficulty setting?
- Are you a compulsive buyer, like me, despite having an accumulated library of unfinished games?
- Do you have multiple games going on any given time?
- Do you buy new games, or only wait for specials?
- Do you restrict yourself to only buying a new game once you have completed one?
- Do you feel guilty for your massive backlog, or for shelving a game?
- Do you get a sense of accomplishment when finishing a game?
- Are you an achievement/trophy hunter?
- What type of games do you play or prefer, and does this impact your play/purchase style?
- Do you dedicate certain days or hours to games?
As you can see there are so many variables, I’m not necessarily wanting your exact methods but rather trying to get an idea of your processes. What goes on in your head, your thought processes and behaviour patterns etc.
I know some community members like @Solitude are very dedicated and committed to their processes where he goes so far as to have a Trello board he updates as he progresses.
Then there are other members like @Hiro that make a lot of game purchases, despite this he manages to complete games, and rather regularly I might add. Though as many as he completes, he also doesn’t
On the other hand, there are people in the community who play and switch games as the wind changes, members like @Wlad who cannot settle on one single game at a time and become bored with one type of game. Constantly swapping and changing between game types and stories. Not at peace with one specific genre and tries to play as many games as humanly possible.
So there you have it. Some of my ideas and thought processes on this topic. I would like to expand a bit further but would like to gauge some form of interest on the topic, if any at this point. If you’ve read through all of this malarky and are still engaged at this point, I applaud you, thank you for sticking around.
I would like to hear from you, share your thoughts and inputs, let us get this convo going.
PS: Please don’t think of this as a survey, the questions were merely a starting to point to get you thinking and spur your creative thought process. Allow yourself to open up, elaborate, explain or even give the journey map of your gaming process. Explain yourself on what you like about your hobby and what you don’t, and if you could, what would change or do differently, etc.