Huawei lost its access to Google Services (thanks Trump)

I am saddened by this mess, I don’t want to bring politics into this forum, but why the heck is that man still a leader - especially after some of the latest comments not just the trade war with China but his stances on some truly controversial topics is actually scaring me.

1 Like

ALL of them are freaking me out… America is serioulsy starting to go TOTALLY nuts!
HOW the HELL can the GOVERNMENT decide what you can and cant do with YOUR body???

2 Likes

I do know that Hauwei might not be totally innocent, but I do wonder that the freak out is because they managed to get the 5G going faster than anyone else and the American markets fear losing out. The chances that they are spying, or have installed backdoors on all their devices. If so Africa is fooked. But then again who says the other big companies havent done the same, its just hidden?

2 Likes

Huawei’s founder is directly linked to the PLA. Which is mainly why most western countries are weary.

2 Likes

Yea I have read that, but in all honesty, how much worse is china currently to the USA

I see the UK hasnt said yes or no yet to anyone.

2 Likes

Crap. This is baaaaad.

3 Likes

if huawei didnt overtake apple as the 2nd largest cellphone manufacturer. this wouldnt have happened.
if there was spyware in any form on a huawei phone google would have known by now, they are actively involved with development of the OS with all the major manufacturers and if there was spyware it would have been found already, the android development community is huge.

This is what you call shooting yourself in the foot since intel and quallcomm will probably lose billions with this ruling. huawei can always develop their own chipsets or switch to mediatek Soc’s

Trump is a retard, the same guy that reopened coal mines when all the coal powerplants in the us are busy being mothballed. He didnt make his money, other smarter people keeps making it for him, thats why he’s been bankrupt 3 times already.

3 Likes

Hasn’t the UK banned Huawei networking equipment already? I know other five-eyes nations have.

Hrm wait, I need to think through this. Huawei already makes its own HiSilicon chipsets, so that’s not an issue. But both it and MediaTek are dependant on ARM architecture, which comes out of th UK, no?

Googles

Yes… British company currently held by SoftBank, a Japanese company.

So Intel and Qualcomm don’t stand to lose here, but if the UK follows Trump’s lead, Chinese chipset makers could lose their ARM licenses.

That would be dumb, though, because they’ll just find a way to make ARM-compatible hardware without paying ARM a cent.

1 Like

The Trump team are all about the bottom line ie make the most money no matter what it takes.
Thats all their decisions are based on. whatever dipshit idea they implement it’s all about money.

the irony is they are not making money when they doing such stupid schitt

2 Likes

As far as we know.
It seems dumb to us but these okes have plans. Trump is like any other president, just a meat shield puppet for “stupid decisions”.

1 Like

honestly they dont have plans.

Trump is power hungry and he always want to appear that he is in control of everything. thats why he rejects climate change. Mexico still hasnt paid for the wall which he promised. His metal sanctions on mexico and canada failed thats why he was forced to lift the steel and alloy tariffs he imposed about a year ago.

2 Likes

I like Trump so I’ll stay out of this thread.

Also I’ll caution everyone not to believe everything CNN tells you.

1 Like

People actually still get their news from broadcast news channels?

I thought we all just watch PewDiePie and Phillip DeFranco now.

3 Likes

i’ll believe CNN before i believe the US administration. but thats another topic for discussion

2 Likes

1 Like

Welp. There it is.

1 Like

One of two things can happen past this point. Huawei has HongMeng OS in the pipe and they have alternatives to ARM. How successful this endeavour will be is to be seen, but the mobile arena is going to change in the next few years.

What do you think they are going to do to ensure ARM compatibility?

1 Like

Amber could be viable

2 Likes