I need a better headset

Hello my people!

So, I’ve been in a 2 week battle with my brain trying to decide on a new headset. My current one isn’t really broken, but I’m tired of the people on discord complaining about the noise coming from the nipple mic (and the nobs have started falling off on the inline control) and there are some other general annoyances creeping up.

Now I have watched A LOT of youtube reviews on A LOT of different headsets and my over analytical brain just can’t make it’s mind up. So I thought I would come seek advice here… from people that might have some first hand experience.

Now my main factors to consider in this decision is mic quality (the main thing at this point) and comfort.

things like 7.1 are bonuses (I’ve kinda gotten used to it)

So I’ll poll my main contenders at this point of the fight from the pool of what is actually available to purchase. If anybody has any recommendations that’s not on my list please post :slight_smile:

Oh, and I’m trying to keep it under R1500…

• Cooler Master MH650
  • Steelseries ARCTIS 1
  • Logitech G432
  • Thermaltake Shock 3D
  • Sennheiser GSP 300

0 voters

1 Like

I have an Arctis 3 and 5. The 1 apparently uses the same sound drivers so that gets my vote.

1 Like

My Steelseries Siberia v2’s are still going strong after all these years. And they are still comfortable during extended game sessions.

2 Likes

yeah the 1 has the same drivers as the 7. The only real difference I can see is the head band, the mute button and the mic is detachable instead of pull out…

I’ve heard they’re great, but you can’t get them anymore

2 Likes

Sennheiser is ALWAYS a good option, regardless of the function. I’ve never had better earbuds and I’ve had 2x sets of CX-300ii (replaced it after I lost the first pair) and replaced them with CX5’s about 2 years ago after the left earbud went.

2 Likes

yeah my only concern with the GSP300 is that the mic arm isn’t flexible at all

2 Likes

Dude, you get used to it so fast, and the mic on the sennies are just magic. I miss mine.

I do own the Arctis 3 - the only complaint I have is that some nights it feels like I have to put the mic right against my mouth for people to hear me.

2 Likes

No Corsair Void Pro’s.

Thomas had never seen just bs in his life

4 Likes

lol

You don’t get the Pro’s anymore unfortunately, and the Void Elite is just a bit too far out of my budget at R1700

3 Likes

For what it is worth, I have a set of Logitech G Pro. Best darn headset I ever owned! Cannot seem to find them in stock anywhere though :frowning: The X has a different USB DAC but the cans are identical.

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/13375

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I REALLY want, but unfortunately it’s double my budget :cry:

2 Likes

I have arctis 5, love them

3 Likes

I recently got myself a f HS60Pro Headset, and I have to say I am damn impressed

2 Likes

I actually looked at the HS50 and HS60 as well and both got a lot of good reviews, stock is just an issue with the HS60

There’s a place called Techfox that seems to have some in stock at a decent price

2 Likes

@MalicE I have no idea if this headset is any good but I see it’s on special at Evetech:
https://www.evetech.co.za/asus-tuf-gaming-h3-headset-gunmetal/best-deal/8640.aspx

2 Likes

Yeah I looked at that one too. It’s decent, but the mic isn’t great

3 Likes

It is complete! Thanks for everybody’s input

8 Likes

Nice, enjoy!

2 Likes

Ok very jelly! Enjoy!

1 Like

Great choice!

2 Likes