I need a better headset

Yeah the mic was the final big selling point for me

2 Likes

Going to resurrect this thread with a question of my own. I need to get a wireless gaming headset with mic. The reason is that I having to take my headset off and on all the time and this invariably destroys the wiring after about a year. So wireless comes to mind. How hard are in ear phones with mic to use? Is there a good budget wireless headset I can look at? Are wireless headsets just not good?

3 Likes

There’s definitely good wireless headsets. I know the Arctis 7 is amazing but it costs a fortune. If you do find something, please let us know. At some point I would like to get a wireless headset. I’m thinking of maybe waiting for Black Friday and hoping a special comes along.

2 Likes

Sound advice (pun intended) I will do the same

3 Likes

I reckon your best bet at this point would be the Arctis 1 Wireless (if you can find one) or the Cooler Master MH670

https://www.wootware.co.za/cooler-master-mh670-7-1-virtual-surround-sound-wireless-stereo-gaming-headset.html

4 Likes

That CM headset looks really good. I remember trying out a wired pair (so probably the MH650) at Rage last year, they were super comfortable.

2 Likes

yeah I came very close to buying the MH650 (I actually kinda wish I did)

2 Likes

How’s the ones you bought?

1 Like

They’re decent. Pretty comfortable and the sound is good. But I’m a little bit disappointed in the mic, which was the main reason for this whole exercise…

Had to do a lot of tweaking to get it to OK level

1 Like

a little over a year down the line, my mate is asking me for headset advise. EXACTLY same situation as above, hehe. (R1500 budget).
I’m currently looking at the GSP 301 on wootware (altho its slightly above his budget) and remembered this thread.

@Malice How are they doing after a year of use. You ;mentioned the mic WASN’T so great in the end, despite being the reason you ended up going with it. care to elaborate?

I also see the Arctis 3 2019 edition for under R1500 so reading up on that.

Anyone have any others not mentioned in the poll on 1st post? :slight_smile:

I see the Corsair Void Elites are R1290…

2 Likes

I am loving my Arctis 3 = seriously so comfy!
also installed Dolby Access for even better sound, it does make a difference.

1 Like

Yeah I still had people complain it’s too soft at times. But my biggest problem with it was the size. I had the head band on max extention and it just barely fit.

Since then I gave it to a mates girlfriend, the cup shapes fit her ear piercings better, and am now using the Corsair HS60 Pro. Very comfortable and the mic is decent (most of the time). Only downside is the horrid iCue software, and to can pretty much do nothing to the mic settings, it is what it is. But I can definitely recommend them

I do still want the MH650 though…

1 Like

I ordered the MH630’s to replace my old Siberia V2 that finally died. If it had been shipped on time I’d be able to tell you about them! But hopefully they will arrive soon and I’ll post my thoughts here.

As part of my research I came across the Dad reviews channel of Headsets:

I also looked at the MH650’s since my Siberia V2 has a USB soundcard on it’s cable too but decided to rather go for the traditional 3.5mm jack of the MH630’s since it can be used for the Xbox then too and my Mobo’s sound codec is apparently quite a good one.

Edit: The description of the video will give you the list of recommended headsets in order of preference, with the MH630’s coming out tops. In terms of RSA pricing the MH630s are actually the cheapest of the lot.

1 Like

any places other than wootware and takealot i should be looking at for online prices(raru no longer gets my business and i’ll never recommend evetech)?

2 Likes

Yeah I was the guy who ordered from Raru, hence the delay :man_facepalming:

Loot is another option. Free shipping with Pargo currently.

Dreamwaretech have excellent customer service. More personal in that they’ll communicate via Whatsapp letting you know the order progress. Their signature is to send a Cadbury Dream chocolate with the order (but that may just be the bigger orders) and you get a handwritten note (no jokes). Delivery fee is more though (R140)

3 Likes

Think we gonna go with Loot and with the MH630’s (the 650’s are like just rgb and 7.1 virtual which is apparently not that great)

Shot for everyones advise. I’ve even told my mate if he gets them and not happy (he quite concerned with w/e headphones he gets fitting nicely) that i’d buy them off him full price and he can use my current ones while he keeps looking, so no risk to him :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ll double up recommending Dreamwaretech in general - I recently used them for some parts for my wife’s PC, and had an excellent experience.

On topic, I use a Corsair HS70 Pro, and I love that set. Like @MalicE mentioned, the software isn’t great, but the hardware is awesome imo.

3 Likes

If you can, get the Razer Blackshark V2. I’m a headphone snob and settled on those last year. I wear them all day, every day and they never cause any fatigue. They are soft, light and comfy. Their audio quality is top notch and the THX integration sounds great. The removable mic is also a bonus and the easily accessible mute button is a godsend for all day Teams meetings. Seriously, just get this headset.

2 Likes

I got the steelseries arctis 5s after saving up, best ive ever had

3 Likes

I’m also still in the Arctis camp. My wife uses the Arctis 5 and I use an Arctis 3 with my XBox. Would like to get the Arctis 7x at some point in the future.

2 Likes