I need a better headset

I’ll leave this here

https://www.evetech.co.za/corsair-hs60-haptic-stereo-gaming-headset/best-deal/10935.aspx

2 Likes

evetech, it can stay there :smiley:

3 Likes

lol yeah I steer clear of them as well now. But some people still support them… for some reason…

2 Likes

For the Arctis fans

3 Likes

Nice. I’ve never heard of that website. Looks nice and clean.

1 Like

apparently they are legit according to the ZAGA community

2 Likes

Bloody bargain right there

3 Likes

Another one for the Arctis fans

Just as a side note, when I did my extensive research last year I saw a bunch of comments that there is no more software support for these 2019 Editions

https://www.wootware.co.za/steelseries-arctis-5-2019-edition-black-gaming-headset.html

4 Likes

Work has decided we need better headsets for client meetings and just to music during the day, so they got us this.

A littler overkill but I wont say no :grinning:. Will just need to go pick it up at the office at some point.

6 Likes

woah… that’s epic, I’m glad your company invests so much in what is seamingly just a headset. It’s nice that they’re investing in some quality gear.

2 Likes

Nothing says “Professionalism” like RGB headsets :smiley:

Those are seriously cool though and I am just jealous!

3 Likes

All I can say is don’t you need staff that can work remotely say from the cape? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

from what I’ve heard those things are great, but hard to come by…

Yeah cos his company likely just bought all available stock for all their staff :joy:

3 Likes

Received my headphones earlier today and been using them for a few hours.

I am no audiophile, so to my untrained ears the sound quality is very good. Not noise canceling, but block out background noise quite well.

Comes with nice storage pouch and build quality is excellent with brushed aluminum frame. This leads into my first minor dislike. They are heavier that I would have though. Considering I come from basic on-ear chorded office headphones, the full over ear with internal battery and metal frame is quite a bit heavier. Will probably get use to it with time.

The RGB is only the small Corsaire logo on the earcups with a couple of setting options. I will probably disable it to save a little battery. Still need to see how long the battery lasts.

Range is also not quite as advertised (18m). They start cutting out at about 5-7m with walls in between. Direct line of sight might reach the advertised distance though.

Overall I’m very happy with my “free” headset :grin:

6 Likes

Out today, but only if you’re in the US or Canada at the moment. A bargain at $499 / R7500… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m sure the sound quality is awesome, but would you spend as much on a set of headphones as you did on the gaming console that they’re paired with? I wouldn’t…

That said, it has got your name in its name @Beo :smiley:

2 Likes

Sheesh… at that price I’d rather buy a headset from @MalicE.

2 Likes

it’s lying here… waiting…

2 Likes