If you listen to this audio recording, what do you hear — is it Laurel or Yanny?

Just to irritate you all . . .

• Yanny
  • Laurel

0 voters

Well that was easy…

Apparently women hear Yanny …

Doh! Meant to click laurel.

1 Like

Both my female co-workers hear laurel

you people are mad and i hate shit like this.

1 Like

or all of you are old as fuck.

1 Like

We know I am

I’m about mid-life and I hear Yanni. But I have superfreakish hearing (its a curse)

1 Like

I actually hear Yarry. So I’m voting based on the first letter.

so we can clearly see now who fucked up their ears and who didnt. I honestly thought my ears would be fucked since i played in a band for years and there were some loud evenings. Now i am feeling pretty good about myself.

1 Like

I suspect its because I live with earphones in my ears for most of the day - its the only way I survive at work

1 Like

Yeah im the same. This is very interesting to me.

1 Like

I can hear both

I only hear Laurel. Oh well, due to the nature of my work I get yearly medicals and my hearing hasn’t deteriorated since I’ve started, so I guess I just don’t do well with high frequencies.

1 Like

And I just listened to this again on my fancy headset and now I hear yanny…

Does this mean I’m old?

Oky. Listened to it again, and my headphone’s volume was soft by accident, then I heard Yanny. I put up the volume and kept hearing Yanny until a point, then I started hearing Laurel again. Now no amount of relistening to it gives me Yanny. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Don’t use volume as an excuse mine is at 2% :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Now I just hear Yanny, and I can’t hear Laurel no matter what I do. I must be broken.

1 Like