If you listen to this audio recording, what do you hear — is it Laurel or Yanny?

or all of you are old as fuck.

1 Like

We know I am

I’m about mid-life and I hear Yanni. But I have superfreakish hearing (its a curse)

1 Like

I actually hear Yarry. So I’m voting based on the first letter.

so we can clearly see now who fucked up their ears and who didnt. I honestly thought my ears would be fucked since i played in a band for years and there were some loud evenings. Now i am feeling pretty good about myself.

1 Like

I suspect its because I live with earphones in my ears for most of the day - its the only way I survive at work

1 Like

Yeah im the same. This is very interesting to me.

1 Like

I can hear both

I only hear Laurel. Oh well, due to the nature of my work I get yearly medicals and my hearing hasn’t deteriorated since I’ve started, so I guess I just don’t do well with high frequencies.

1 Like

And I just listened to this again on my fancy headset and now I hear yanny…

Does this mean I’m old?

Oky. Listened to it again, and my headphone’s volume was soft by accident, then I heard Yanny. I put up the volume and kept hearing Yanny until a point, then I started hearing Laurel again. Now no amount of relistening to it gives me Yanny. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Don’t use volume as an excuse mine is at 2% :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Now I just hear Yanny, and I can’t hear Laurel no matter what I do. I must be broken.

1 Like

I first heard Yanny, when I was listening to this on my phone. I was annoyed by the “Yeah-yee” sound.
10 mins later and now I can only hear Laurel.

I hear laurel , my So doesn’t hear either she hears, heary and learly switch back and forth

I absolutely hear Yammy as well. I’ve read now that both of the words are spoken simultaneously by the robot, and our brains are choosing which one to hear first. Very interesting.

1 Like

Here’s something to keep you busy, while you’re of the impression you’re getting old… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

From other clips I’ve seen - to hear “Yanny”, the frequency must be really low (low frequency = deep sounding vocal, in case you weren’t knowing), you may just end up hearing a combination of the 2 in doing so.

1 Like

Language warning

2 Likes
1 Like