iRacing - The Ultimate in Sim Racing

Love the way this video is put together! When the F1 2019 league wraps up I think I am taking the plunge! Also, my secret santa should pay attention… :wink:

1 Like

So, now that I have my wheel, I am amped to get i to iRacing! Are we doing a MEW club with liveries and everything?

1 Like

Eish @oltman. A part of me would love to and another part of me don’t think I’m quite ready yet. Will Nosferatie also be joining?

1 Like

JOIN ME!!!

It’s going to be jarring to start out. It is not the same as any other racing sim you’ve played. But it’s going to be lots of fun. And once you’ve reached the next racing license, we should totally do some races together.

1 Like

Ugh okay, you guys convinced me. I see there’s currently a $50 special at Reddit for a year.

But we’ve got one more F1 2019 league race left after tonight’s one. I think I’ll finish that up first and finish the single player campaign so if all goes well I’ll get iRacing next week sometime.

I don’t know about you guys but I don’t have the time to both. If I do get iRacing then I want to focus on it fully and take it more seriously.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with you. Having both racing games at the same time is a bit too much. And I am also thinking about doing more racing in iRacing than in F1 at the moment. I am enjoying the racing there more, even though I am not dominating like I do in F1.

3 Likes

That was the plan: complete F1, get promoted to iRacing.

Can you please link to it? I cannot find it…

Side note:
How does iRacing compare to Raceroom Racing Experience? I played some of the free tracks and cars last night and I really enjoyed it! The sound has to be some of the best game sound ever!

It’s on the front page of the subreddit on the right above the list of moderators.

https://www.reddit.com/r/iRacing/

Very similar actually. The physics is a bit different with the new tire model in iRacing, plus iRacing is exclusively multiplayer. You can drive on a circuit to practice, but all racing is done with other people. And there is no better multiplayer experience in racing than iRacing.

The free Cougar touring car in RRRE is amazingly fun, so if iRacing plays similar then I am sold.

I also found this when I searched harder:
https://boxthislap.org/coupons-and-discounts-for-iracing/

Some similar codes to what @Solitude provided.

1 Like

Comparing the different racing sim games are difficult. I spent a fair few hours watching different guys playing different games and what they had to say about each. There are a number of comparison videos and comparison threads out there and on Reddit about racing sims. The best I can sum up the different racing sims are as follows:

Assetto Corsa - good game with great modding support for lots of content, cheap with single player gaming, but lacking polish in physics and AI, and not that graphically appealing.

Assetto Corsa Competizione - best looking sim out there, very limited content, no modding support, good single and multiplayer, expensive for basically a graphics overall of one class of cars in AC

Raceroom Racing Experience - dated graphics, but good overall sim. Good content, competitively priced, good single player and multiplayer experience, and good physics engine.

Project Cars 2 - Lots of content, great single player racing, fairly good multiplayer experience, very good price, very pretty game, entry level physics

rFactor 2 - Best physics of any sim, decent single and multiplayer gameplay, but lacks content and can be expensive. Looks a bit dated

iRacing - best multiplayer experience, no single player at all, near rF2 level physics, good graphics, lots of content, very expensive.

1 Like

Just leaving this here

2 Likes

I bought iRacing… now what?

3 Likes

I have no idea. If we are going to do Le Mans we’ll have to work out the whole license progression and stuff to get to that.

I will only be buying the game next week after our last F1 league race.

I will probably setup tonight, get my wheel configured and to a practice run.

1 Like

They’ve got this whole Getting Started video series that’s worth watching.

1 Like

This year’s requirements for Le Mans this year was to have at least a D license with a Safety Rating of 4.0. This is not too difficult to get I think, and with a bunch of good races you should easily be able to get to that requirement well before the race starts in June.

We should also create a team in iRacing that we can be part of. This will not really have any effect on the day-to-day racing, but will ensure that we always knows if a team mate is racing and if we want to join them. We should get like a team colour scheme for the cars and everything. Make it awesome and official

1 Like

We need to get the most important thing sorted first: LIVERY!!! Who can design a MEW livery? I am sure we can commission someone on Fiverr? :smiley:

2 Likes

YES!! iRacing has a pretty great and very deep livery designer, but I have the creativity of a boiled potato, so I am not volunteering for that. Unless you want to drive with a car that is just one colour and a bit white stripe across it…lol.

1 Like

Haha, I’m also not the most creative type. Maybe someone on Fiverr is a good idea. What colours do you want to go for? Black and gray like the MEW logo maybe?

I’m always keen on yellow, haha.