iRacing - The Ultimate in Sim Racing

Also start saving right now. For Le Mans we will have to buy the car and the track separately. They do not come with the base subscription of the game.

The Le Mans track is $14.95
The GTE cars cost $11.95

1 Like

Porsche?

1 Like

Yes, this year the Porsche 911 RSR was also available, and also cost the same as the other GTE cars.

1 Like

Heads up: @Nosferatie has a soft spot for Porsche :wink:

I am not preferential to any particular car yet. Is there a way to test drive the car before you buy it?

1 Like

3 Likes

I believe when the site is in maintenance you can login and try stuff?

1 Like

And I won’t even charge you a fiver :smiley: Did an Aston Martin livery in Project Cars way back when we were still MyGaming - obviously can’t find sign of the images of it now to support my claims, but hey, that’s what you get for cheaping out on a non-Fiverr designer :smiley:

My brief -very brief - look into iRacing liveries suggests it’s a similar method. Flat PSD file that then needs to be converted into a format the works for iRacing. I shall do more find it out stuff.

You disorganised chops are probably going to need a Team Manager to plan and coordinate stuff like the team admin, private league races, practice sessions, etc. If, and it’s still an if at this stage, I do join iRacing I’ll volunteer to set that stuff up as well as act as a Reserve Driver and Gentleman Driver (except I’m not one of those rich IRL guys) for when you lot go all Pro Race Team on me. :slight_smile:

In the same volunteering spirit as above, and as a starting point, can I suggest a team name, logo version, colour scheme based on my (also now long ago) MEW eSports Team idea?

Et voilĂ :

Any idea what the iRacing policy on sponsored teams is? Get a company to sponsor the team, and I’ll gladly slap their logo and name all over the car :smiley:

3 Likes

That would be awesome if you can join us @GregRedd! You are great at organising everything. One of the best I’ve ever seen. And if you can do the liveries then that would also be amazing. I think your logo looks great!

Hey and the more people the better! When it comes to Le Mans and stuff we can take our best drivers at that point in time.

iRacing has the Spotter functionality as well, and anyone that joins the team as a Spotter can only talk to the driver, and have access to their tire, fuel, aero settings for pitstops. Which effectively makes the spotter the team principle. But they also need to tell the driver important info, like if a fast car is approaching, when they pit, are there any accidents or slow cars coming up they need to be aware of. The Spotter is a crucial part of a race team, and an invaluable position for a ragtag group or amateurs attempting their first ever 24h race.

That would be so cool!! Seeing as the Special events in iRacing, like Le Mans, are classified as eSports, it would be great if we can use that name as our team name

2 Likes

All I want to know is where we get the team merch from? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I love it! Plus, we all drive like Rhinos anyway! I am, however, TEAM CAT!!!

I dont think iRacing cares much about advertising on the liveries. Thats 99% of why race cars even HAVE liveries. So if I find us a few sponsors we stick their names on the car and we drive for free!

Say hello to the Huis Genoot Epilady Pfiser MEW Racing Rhinos, powered by Eno.

Seriously, as a name, MEW Racing Rhinos has a ring to it…

2 Likes

Did my first test in iRacing, lost about 3 points for running wide at points :frowning: Luckily only testing.

3 Likes

Do it. I reckon R2000-odd should cover the purchase of the Le Mans circuit and a car for all. And they’d get huuuge coverage for that piddling little investment.

This, so much this! Except me. I’m more aged hippo.

I’m liking “MEW Racing Rhinos”, but the MEW bit didn’t look right with the main text, so went below:

5 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

That looks awesome!

1 Like

@Nosferatie that looks so amazing!! Please share the config file I would love to have that on my car as well

2 Likes

Ha, Most Epic indeed!! Does everyone in a public lobby/race see it automatically? And how do you share it with the others?

1 Like

Sorry guys, @Nosferatie had 2 years of MEW goodness to catch up on that he reached his daily limit… He needs 16 hours to cool down…

Seems liveries are easier than we thought!

1 Like

I shall give him more access