iRacing - The Ultimate in Sim Racing

Enjoy guys!

1 Like

Jis that race last night was super fun!! Can’t wait to get back behind the wheel

2 Likes

This sounds promising. I like me some open wheel racing

2 Likes

You cannot go to pits until your car has come to a complete stop… Poor guy…

2 Likes

iRacing has the best physics

3 Likes

Imagine the onboard!

Someone should take that video, and add the soundtrack from Interstellar, when he’s descending into the blackhole.

No, this part

2 Likes

Season 3 of 2021 kicks off with some new content.

Season highlights include:

• Formula Vee
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R
  • SCCA Spec Racer Ford (fully updated)
  • VW Beetle Lite
  • Red Bull Ring (3 configs)
  • Nashville Superspeedway
  • Custom Paints displayed in the iRacing UI on car thumbnails
  • Ability to Edit Declared Drivers for a team session
  • Ability to Find Sessions for Car or Track within the car or track modal
  • New iRacing Forums
  • AI Racing with 2 new cars, and 32 new track configs
  • Area-Specific Off Track Four-Tire Detection System
  • Smoke, Dust, Sparks, and more visual effects updates
  • New Damage Model adjustments to reduce debris estimate latency incidents
  • New Damage Model for the Formula Vee and the Street Stock
  • Post Season 2 Initial Release Items included: NASCAR Next Gen Series Class Cars, and Chicago Street Circuit

Visit the 2021 Season 3 features page here:

Formula Vee for FREEEEEEEEE!

Porsche 911 GT3 R

Another one for those who are not ambiturners…

The Red Bull Ring for all your Max Verstappen E-cosplay…

Chicago Street Course… Feel the Windy City in your hair?

3 Likes

How easily a podium slips from your fingers. I am the blue car. I think he was trying to get to the outside of the next right hander, but was too close and did the perfect pit manoeuvre…

2 Likes

Oooh. That stings. All of the speed, none of the patience.

1 Like

Yeah, he was faster than me, 4 laps left, plenty of time…

2 Likes

Oof unlucky. At 0:45 he decides to pass on your right, and you move to right to line up for the next corner. I think he may have thought he was getting squeezed, so he switches left but is too close and clips the back of your car.

Those physics though :rofl:

1 Like

You hit that apex perfectly :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, unlucky. Can they get penalized for that?

1 Like

iRacing has a very robust reporting and penalty system

During the race you get penalty points for every infraction. Contact with a car is 4x points, regardless of how severe. Off track is 1x point and loss onf control (Pulling a Mazespin) is 2x points. Reach 17x points and you get a DQ. For longer races 17x will get you a drive through and a DQ at 24x. This encourages clean racing.

At the end of the race you iRating and saftey rating changes depending on how your race went. It gives you points depending on how many corners you completed without incident. And it deducts points for your frequent infractions. This also means your long term rating will be affected by repeatedly being a bad driver. It also means that bad drivers should race against other bad drivers, and as such it is actually really hard to build up your scored to get out of the dumps!

They also have a post race reporting system, but their rules are pretty clear. It is only to be used for intentional malicious acts. Their thoughts are that accidents happen in motorsport, and sim racing is more likely to have accidents as you have less to lose and thus push harder. Hence their in-race automated penalty points. But any act of deliberately ruining someone else’s race and you be reported. These incidents need to be reported manually, and with video evidence. There is also a 30minute post race cooldown period to stop hotheads from reporting everyone and everything.

If this was Monday Night Racing or RaceFace I would have reported him as they make use of qualifying and race bans for too many points, but in iRacing this incident is way too borderline to really solve anything.

Plus, the fact that he did not even have any damage, nor was his course affected by the impact at all, tells me this is probably more a netcode problem than anything else. He is based in Georgia, USA (I stalked him for sure) and the latency could have caused me to spin while he did not touch me in his game. I chalk this up to racing incident, no further action required. It still sucks for me though.

2 Likes

This does seem likely because it was the slightest of margins. Are there no European servers for iRacing? The ping to EU is a whole lot better than to the US

Dude that is a real pity. But to be honest if I look at the video without any context from what your intentions were or what you were thinking, I would’ve said you squeezed him massively. He made the move to the right and you followed almost instantly. But that contact seemed so minimal that you probably got netcoded more than anything. Hard luck dude!! But dammit if this does not make to rather itchy to get back into iRacing.

2 Likes

Brah I’ll pit maneuver you for free - no need to pay for subscriptions :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah, I see that. I was trying to vlock his move, noticed hebis already up beside me and then stopped moving over. I basically (in my mind) showed him enough but limited space on the right, or loads but far away space on the left.

Also, this clip was not really to diss the guy. I can see the whole situation being iffy. But in online teaching it takes one mistake to have your race ruined :joy:

1 Like

Dude don’t worry I’ve been multiple times in that situation. That’s why we calm it a racing incident. Hard luck but your podium is right around the corner.

By the way, LMP2 at Watkins Glen must be massively fun. I like the track, but can think the car is just insane on it.

Soooo good! The Glen is loads of fun, and the LMP2 flat out for just about the first half of the track up until the boot.