Itch.io Weekly Challenge

Finally, some games I can play on linux

3 Likes

Done with today’s game, Hair Dash:

VIdeo is a lot shorter this time around because of the type of game. There is no point in recording for longer.

Today’s game is Hair Dash. The game is still in development and the build included in the bundle is not the final version. The game recently released on mobile in a more feature complete version and this should hopefully come to the PC version soon.

It is a very fast, very stylish action game which is played with only two buttons, one for attacking to the left and one for attacking to the right.It’s a fun little game to kill a couple of minutes with and once you get a decent run going it can be quit exhilarating. The pixel art style is absolutely gorgeous and the pirate theme is great.

3 Likes

Next one is Kingdom Ka. I’ve already recorded my gameplay and started writing my impressions but will only upload tomorrow.

3 Likes

I’ve published my thoughts on the next game, but the video is still uploading. This time I played through the entire game in one sitting and I am uploading my complete playthrough of the game (just under an hour).

Today’s game is Kingdom Ka. I don’t really know how to describe this game. It is more of an experience than a game. A completely unique piece of art that poses some interesting questions.

If you have any interest in video games as an art form this is an absolute must play and at only about an hour in length you won’t lose much if you don’t like it.

I will post the youtube link as soon as it’s done uploading and processing.

Here is the video:

3 Likes

Here’s a helpful random game picker tool for the bundle. It also allows you to apply filters such as only picking from games (and not asset packs/table top games etc.)

Edit: It also has a browse function with the same filters that can be applied. Even things such as only showing games that also have a Steam release, or high enough user rating. This is really handy for sorting through all the bundled items.

6 Likes

Nice thanks, will definitely make use of it.

2 Likes

Video is processing but the impressions for today’s game is up.

The basic concept of the game is that you are exploring an interactive 3D representation of the mind of an Artificial Intelligence. The gameplay loop involves you choosing a level from the terminal and then once you’re in the game you have to explore the level and solve puzzles to find a code that you need to put into the terminal in order to clear the level.

I’m not really a big horror fan, but I really liked the atmosphere of this game and I’m also intrigued by the idea of exploring the mind of an AI. The game has a positive rating on Steam so I’m sure if you are a fan of the genre there is something for you here.

EDIT: video

5 Likes

I think I forgot to post the last few articles that were published on the MEW blog to here…

5 Likes

Today’s work is done:

Today’s game is Dominic Pamplemousse in “It’s All Over Once The Fat Lady Sings!” This is one of the more unique games I have come across so far. It is a point and click adventure game about a private investigator that is about to become homeless if they can’t make a rent payment.

What makes this game different from everything else is that it is presented as a black and white, stop motion musical.If you don’t mind musicals you will probably enjoy playing through this for the story and the unique visuals. It certainly isn’t for everybody though and some people might find it a little too weird.

4 Likes

Nice! I will be starting my game this evening.

3 Likes

Milkmaid of the Milky Way is a pretty cool game. It reminds me of when I was young. Used to play so many point and click adventure games. I’m an hour and a bit in and I decided I will finish it.

The puzzles are logical and it has an interesting story.

Will give it a rating when I complete it.

4 Likes

New stuff up:

Today’s game is Flux. Flux is a cyberpunk themed game that features a variety of different mini games and activities for the player to experience.

The jobs take on the form of different mini games such as a rhythm game where you have to press the right button at the time, a typing game where you have to type the word shown and a hack and slash game where you have to defeat enemies with your sword. You can also go fishing for sky fish or relax in the local bar to unwind.

I enjoyed the time I spent with this game and if the idea of something where you can jump from very twitchy gameplay to very relaxing moments intrigues you, then you might find something here for you.

3 Likes

Pretty soon this thing is gonna block me from posting here :stuck_out_tongue:

Chesto is a supermarket checkout simulator. You basically have to scan items to ring them up and place them in customers’ shopping carts.There is a time limit and if you don’t finish scanning everything on time you will go into unpaid overtime and this will affect your rating at the end of your shift and might lead to you getting fired. Customers will berate you and be rude to you if you take too long, drop their items or make them pay for something twice.

Overall it’s a fun little game with some nice clean voxel graphics and a bit of social commentary. Not a bad way to kill a couple of minutes at all.

4 Likes

Wow @Wlad you’re motoring through these games.

4 Likes

I’ve only finished one of them though. I literally only play a couple of minutes to get a feel for the game, if I really like something I’ll keep it installed and get back to it later. Otherwise I delete it, there are just too many games to play all of them.

3 Likes

I’m gonna take a break for a couple of days to focus on The Last of Us 2. I will do more games once I finish TLOU, maybe before, but for now it’s clicker hunting time.

4 Likes

I’m hoping to finish Milkmaid of the Milky Way sometime this week. Hopefully by Friday.

Will then pick something else.

3 Likes

I haven’t finished TLOU 2 and I don’t think I’m going to anytime soon. Not getting as much time for gaming as I would like at the moment (except when I’m at work, believe it or not :p). I don’t know how often I’ll still do these itch games either, but I’ll try to do at least one or two every week instead of one every day.

With that out of the way, here is a new one:

Today’s game is Witch Thief. It is a third person bullet hell shoot ’em up. As can be expected from the genre the gameplay is very fast and frantic and you have to react quickly if you want to survive.

The little bit I played was not too bad, but I don’t have fast enough reflexes for this type of game, even on the easy setting the first boss destroyed me. If you like your games fast and twitchy you might enjoy this one.

4 Likes