Lost in Random

Thanks to Game Pass and its included EA Play I’ve started playing quite a unique game: Lost in Random

Once again, I was lured in by the game’s aesthetic. Self-described as a gothic fantasy setting, the game evokes all the best kind of Burtonesque and American Mcgee’s Alice kind of vibes. I’ve always been a sucker for that.

Another highlight is the voice acting. The British accents perfectly fit the quirky characters along the way.

The concept of rolling the dice extends from the combat to the areas you explore and even the lore. It’s a very clever integration of game mechanic as a logical part of the game world. Here is a review that will give you a nice overview of what the game is all about:

Finally I’ll leave you with a picture of this charming boss that you have to fight in Two-Town:

5 Likes

This looks very pretty but i suspect turn based play style not my forte

1 Like

I have good news for you, it’s not turn based at all!

2 Likes

Yea still those card thingies is what I suck at

Having finished this game I cannot recommend it enough. The story is fantastic, filled with intrigue and interesting lore. The were some clever twists, both funny and dark. They are so good I wish I could mention them but don’t want to ruin it for others who might play the game.

From my perspective, even though it is a smaller budget title this game gives Psychonauts 2 a good run for it’s money. If you enjoyed Psychonauts I reckon you’ll love this game as well.

2 Likes