Mafia: Trilogy (Definitive Edition Releases)

Mafia 2 DE has terrible performance for me, drops to low 20’s at times.

This video just confirmed that Mafia II is a good looking game. In some of the scenes I prefer the look of the original game…

1 Like

15 minutes of 4K cinematics and WIP gameplay, with Hangar 13 developer commentary.

1 Like

This is to console us over the fact that the game has been delayed to 24 September… :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I’m okay with that. I’m a firm believer that delays in development are good things, be it games or software. Gives more time to refine the product or solution.

Also, allows one more time to save up for it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just hope this is better optimised than 2&3 “remasters”. I remember having lots of issues with the original when it came out. My GPU didn’t have hardware T&L and because of that a lot of textures in the game did not render properly so I had to wait for a new GPU before I could play it. Hoping I can play it fine this time around.

1 Like

I’ve never played a Mafia game. My wife loves them though. She can’t wait for the Mafia Definitive Edition.

2 Likes

You really should remedy that, they were fantastic from a story perspective.

3 Likes

Will the cops still chase you even if you speed just a little bit?

Yes! They indeed will, but I think they will tweak and improve the system so that you don’t have Psychic police instantly being aware of the moment you go over the limit.

New Mafia: Definitive Edition Story Trailer
See more of Mafia: Definitive Edition’s cinematic narrative.

Welcome to the City of Lost Heaven Trailer
The city of Lost Heaven has changed a lot in the 18 years since the original Mafia.

3 Likes

Looking forward to playing this soon!

2 Likes

This makes me very happy:

Expect to see a ton of sepia-infused screenshots of gorgeous 30’s cars from all over Lost Heaven. :grinning: :framed_picture: :camera_flash:

The simultaneous global release at midnight in the UK on the 25th means those who are taking Friday off this week have something to play from 1 AM:

Some things to do while you wait:

While you’re waiting to hit the streets of Lost Heaven, you might be interested to learn about some of the features that you can look forward to, such as the new collectibles that are scattered across the map, and the Classic Difficulty option that offers an old-school challenge with gameplay nods to the original Mafia released in 2002. If you’re planning to spend any time exploring Lost Heaven on one of the new motorcycles, you might also consider signing up for a 2K Account if you don’t have one already; doing so will unlock the Black Cats Motorcycle Pack, which includes a biker outfit for Tommy as well as a custom motorcycle.

3 Likes

I’m busy playing through Mafia 3 DLC while waiting for this to drop. I just hope it runs OK on my PC. Mafia 3 definitive edition is poorly optimised.

Reviews are out and game is available:

I’m about to start in the next couple of minutes.

2 Likes

Glad to see that the game isn’t being panned by the critics. The one fault they keep mentioning of dated gameplay suits me just fine, it means that enough of the original was kept in the remaster!

Looking forward to playing it

2 Likes

Whoah! I’m glad I decided to pre-order the game. The price has shot up from R175 on Steam to R699!

2 Likes

Yeah same here. That was the only reason I bought it back then. It was super cheap.

I’m enjoying it a lot so far. It’s different enough to feel fresh but still true to the original (from what I can remember). I’m playing on medium difficulty which is nowhere near how hard the original was. It does have a classic difficulty setting for people looking for that experience though.

I’m about to do the infamous racing mission.

2 Likes

Wow! Luckily I also pre-ordered it for my wife before the price went up.

1 Like