Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

I just hope they keep it on the Unreal engine. I didn’t really care for Mass Effect on Frostbite. Other than that, once I see a short demo or something, I’ll be ready to order.

Spring 2021… So I guess that’s somewhere around April, May… Might be difficult to get playtime with the new baby in the house.

4 Likes

This is really interesting. Recently a very old bug which only affected newer AMD CPUs got fixed by a game dev who investigated the issue.

With that issue fixed I was keen to replay the game, especially with all the great texture enhancement mods like ALOT, ALOV & MEUITM that are available for the game.

But now I guess I will wait to see how much the remaster improves things before I dive into a replay of the first game. :grimacing: Sadly I never did get round to finishing ME2, so I never even started ME3, which is just as well I guess because waiting means I now to get to play and experience what I hope will be vastly improved versions of those games. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

This may finally be the moment that I’ll actually complete the trilogy. I played the first two and enjoyed them. Then when the 3rd released I felt like I needed to go back to the first game and play through from the beginning before tackling 3. Ya… that never happened.

5 Likes

Same here. Never completed the third game. Also just started Andromeda, which didn’t feel all that bad…

3 Likes

Andromeda is my biggest disappointment in gaming ever. Played it at launch though. Don’t know if it maybe improved afterwards.

So even though I’m excited about Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, I have no trust currently in BioWare and will wait for reviews before I consider getting it. The trilogy is right there in my top games of all time, but BioWare is not what they used to be.

It reminds me of Konami when the Silent Hill remasters or whatever they were came out and they managed to destroy the games by messing up all kinds of stuff. The worst was the fog that they screwed up completely in Silent Hill 2. Maybe BioWare can redeem themselves. I hope so.

4 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Mass Effect Will Continue — teaser trailer and speculation

12 March. Maybe.

2 Likes

Hopefully I can afford it by then!

1 Like

Having played them all I have no interest in going back. ME2 is still one of my all time favourite games!

3 Likes

We have a release date, and a reveal trailer:

Includes single-player base content and over 40 DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3 games, including promo weapons, armors, and packs – remastered and optimized for 4K Ultra HD. The updated trilogy launches May 14 on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation®5, as well as on PC via Origin and Steam. Find out more: https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/…

Pre-Orders: Pre-order Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition For PC, PlayStation and Xbox - EA Official Site

Not the bargain the Mafia DEs were, but still - three full games and 40-odd DLC…

3 Likes

Perhaps this is finally the time to experience this “epic saga”.

4 Likes

Don’t pre-order!

That did nothing for me… Yet somehow, I am still conflicted. Where’s our apology for f***ing over Andromeda, EA?

4 Likes

As much as I want it, I am not paying another R1000 for one of their games.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a hard nope on the pre-order for me. I didn’t even pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 and CD Projekt actually had a good reputation at the time.

I own the CEs of Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 (quick history: Mass Effect 1 was an Xbox 360 “timed exclusive”. The PC port by Demiurge Studios was released six months after the XB360 version… so no Collectors Edition for me). Despite being a huge fan of Mass Effect, R1000 is too rich for my blood.

3 Likes

Just to temper your expectations, at all times when thinking about this, keep in mind that this is a remaster and not a remake. That’s a very crucial distinction to keep in mind. I’m getting it, but solid nope on a pre-order, and I’m not even getting it on launch if I’m being real… Keelah Se’lai!

5 Likes

Yea i will wait for it to go on a big sale. Its just a remaster after all. I own all three the games already.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Lucy James from Gamespot highlights some of the Legendary Edition changes, but as others have suggested, spending R1k to have a unified set of games may be a little rich for many of us at the moment…

6 Likes

Needs more Motion Blur though!

4 Likes

Yet another collector’s edition without the game

Edit: Nice comparison videos with a cool slider in the middle (scroll down on the page)

3 Likes