Medical Aids

Coincidental FYI:

4 Likes

It was actually this article that caused me to go and look at Bonitas plans which in turn resulted in my previous post :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not gonna lie im glad im with discovery, the little yearly increase would have been alot for me

2 Likes

Forms have been filled in for Discovery and letter written for Health Squared.

Will just print and sign tonight and then send tomorrow.

So we will go onto Discovery Classic Saver.

3 Likes

i have still not heard a peep from health squared…

2 Likes

Their communication is the worst! I wrote that as my reason for leaving.

2 Likes

But I’m guessing they remembered to bill you guys.

3 Likes

and the phone lines on their website are also no longer working…so i cant even phone them now…

2 Likes

So I am looking at getting medical cover for my wife and kids and had a phonecall about Flexicare to which I asked to mail me some supporting information so that I may peruse and make an informed decision.

Signing up with medical aids has always been a topic of contention to me; 1. you never know that you’re getting yourself into before committing, 2. you never know they will or will not cover once you make a claim. There are almost certainly stories of providers that refused to pay this or that when the consumer was under the impressions their provider covered for it.

Almost sounds like dark web, or dark patterns practices.

Anyone familiar with http://www.flexicare.co.za/ ?

A summary:

Role Flexicare Flexicare Plus
Main Member R365 R470
Adult Dependant R305 R375
Child Dependant R135 R165
1 Like

Never heard of them and they are underwritten by Auto and General so its seems its more of an insurance policy. This doesnt look like a medical aid, there is no hospital benefit from what i can see…they only cover you for day to day benefits and they transport you to government hospitals. You may as well just pay for your doctors visits up front(as the costs will be a lot less) and they only cover medication on a script up to R140… which again you will pay for less if you pay cash instead of claiming through medical aid.
The dentistry benefits seems to be quite good so if you will be needing dental work soon then i would go for this if i cant afford a more traditional medical aid who normally excludes most dentistry procedures.

3 Likes

Thanks, you break that up nicely and clearly. I didn’t even consider those things. Thank you for your input.

2 Likes

however if your a sickly person that needs to go see the dr a lot this may save you some money in that department. however you have to use their doctors on their network, unless you are lucky enough to have your dr on their network.

2 Likes

I received my Discovery medical aid number and stuff. Still haven’t heard anything from Health Squared.

2 Likes

I got my certificate to show the date of resignation at Health Squared. @wenzdayz

So hopefully everything’s sorted now. Will start on Discovery 1st January, with a 3 month waiting period.

3 Likes

Ja i also got mine. I dont have any waiting periods though so im lucky in that respect.

So glad we are done with the trainwreck that is Health Squared.

3 Likes

Yay!

2 Likes

Yeah, it seems that no matter what, when it comes to Discovery, there is almost always a 3 month waiting period. Waiting periods are only supposed to apply if there was a break in cover.

3 Likes

In November Fedhealth suspends my membership because they say I did not pay for October, which I did, I fight with them (costing me cell time) and they lift the suspension. I ask for a debit order from then on. This month they debit me 2x, one for arrears which they STILL do not see as paid. More expensive cell time with yet another fight, now I have to wait for a refund and borrow the money somewhere to buy food.

Fuck medical aids, I hate them so much after so many years of fighting with them for every cent after operations/procedures.

I hate this country forcing me to fight with these Financial Service Pigs to get semi decent health care.

I am so full of hate at the moment, need to calm down or my heart condition can trigger and I will have to fight them again after yet another procedure.

5 Likes

That sucks so much @Shrike. I also hate medical aids. It’s currently the most expensive thing I pay for per month. More than my house and my car.

4 Likes

Same here between that and gap cover . . . . I am over this bs

1 Like