MEW DiRT Rally League [MEWRL]

Yep, and it’s a long one.

2 Likes

Oy vey.

Bottom half of the last events’ result post: MEW DiRT Rally League [MEWRL]

Like @Dragonic says, it’s a super long one - 24 stages in all - so break it into 2/3/4/5/6 sessions :grinning:. You have until Sunday 28 June to complete it. And remember that in DR1 you have to finish in order to score points.
https://www.dirtgame.com/us/leagues/league/185828/mostepicwinrl

2 Likes

My last exam is on the 30th so I’ll have fit it in somehow.

1 Like

Preparing for your exam is probably, only slightly, more important than completing a Dirt Rally event :slight_smile: Do a stage or two every other study break if you can - good luck!

Pro tip: take a shit before hand, helps with weight saving. :joy:

3 Likes

It’s not the 24 stages that’s killing me, it’s the 4 stages between service stops and only getting 30mins at a time.
50% engine wear, eternally leaky radiator, blown turbo, wheels pointing every which way, crooked driveshaft are only a few of the problems I have going into the final few stages.

4 Likes

Before the rally or before @Czc’s exam? Either way, probably good advice.

This is the Dakar of our MEW Dirt Rally league. First challenge was always going to be nursing the car all the way through. Consistent, careful driving may be slower but your car is going to last longer…

What gets me is those little pieces sticking out from the mountainsides, that I just slightly nudge with the front right of my car and then it get sent into a mad rolling and tumbling spree like it’s a stunt car for a Michael Bay movie.

1 Like

1 Like

I pretty much felt like Sam Witwicky there since I had my VR headset on. Luckily I’m quite seasoned in the art of VR, else… mokalot.com would have been a thing(imagine you had a car crash in VR @aldyr :rofl: ).

1 Like

BTW. League page disappeared. I found the new one:
https://www.dirtgame.com/dirtrally/uk/leagues/league/185828/mostepicwinrl

Also Wales is kak!

3 Likes

And so after 24 stages my battle-worn Polo finally crossed the finish line. I had to take it super super easy on the last 4 Wales stages. My car was so fragile that redlining broke my engine and eventually hand-brake turns would break my driveshaft. So I had to trundle my way through Wales to get to the end but get there I did!

3 Likes

Most excellent Darth! Well done. Going to give you a Bonus Point for being the first to manage it.

1 Like

#JustSaying

1 Like

YOH! Guess what I’m doing tonight. I’m halfway done.

1 Like

Far too many drinks to finish this tonight

1 Like

Look how they massacred my boy :weary:
4 stages of Finland absolutely finishes your suspension.
8 more to go…

2 Likes

I had some terrible stages, spinning, getting stuck in trees, breaking lights in the dark, panicked crashed to desktop. New respect for DR2.0 and it’s quality of content.

1 Like

Bruh! mine is the same. And my engine is like 63%
I also have 8 to go. I did well in the beginning by by the end of that Finland set I just wanted it to end. So drove kak.

I have work today so hope I can get this done.

1 Like

4 times in a row, on the last stage… Guess I wont make it… Bonus points for trying?

Also, When is the last time our esteemed race director took part in one of our races? Or does he just like to see others suffer??? This was pure torture and might have put me off of Dirt Rally for good!

PS: seems making it to the last stage and THEN retiring at least gives you an event placing… only 33 minutes behind…

3 Likes