MEW DiRT Rally League [MEWRL]

Take the win, show us some replays

There are some good parts in between all the crashing.

3 Likes

I messed up a few stages badly. Hitting the stone walls a few time that spun the car 180° facing the wrong way, on a narrow road, or sliding into a parked car.

I had a thought: This is the only racing league, that’s forgiving on loadshedding.

1 Like

That’s for sure!

1 Like

And the one most people forgot about the last event.

2 Likes

Will we be having more of these at any point?
I wouldn’t mind doing the same for Dirt 2.0 just sayin’ :eyes:
Maybe even that dreaded format called Rallycross…

2 Likes

Remember, loadshedding doesn’t affect rally, but it does affect rallycross

1 Like

Now that I have Dirt Rally 2.0 I’m keen to try some of that

2 Likes

Holy ghost of Colin McRae! I have just spent the last 4 hours trying my damndest to create a new set of Dirt Rally events for us. This has got to be one of the worst event building systems I’ve ever experienced. Either that, or I’m doing something horribly wrong. Set or change vehicle restrictions, all the tracks and weather conditions disappear. Choose the vehicles first, set the stages, add a second event, choose the vehicles, all the stages from event 1 disappear. And so on and so on. To make it even more irritating, pretty much every second time I would try to save any changes to see if they’d take, I’d land up with this frikken screen…

…and would have to start all over again. Or I get logged out and would have to redo everything :expressionless:
@PsychoFish, did you have as many problems as I have been? Or is there a secret to this all?

I gave up eventually and just created a single Event season which should be open about now.

dr-e1
The Euro Sprint Event is a nice, gentle, all good conditions, with lots of Service breaks and Stage Retry and Event Restart enabled to ease everyone back into the League. And to allow any new drivers a chance to get comfortable with league racing. It’ll run to the last Sunday of the month (29th).

New drivers, if you haven’t yet, remember to head to the Clubs League page and request to join or else our League events will not show up for you in-game.

I’ll add the next event to a new season as soon as this one is running. At least if I can figure out how to.

2 Likes

Yup, it’s pretty bad. You have to plan it out, then execute it flawlessly or just fail

2 Likes

Well it’s good to know I haven’t lost my ability to operate a mouse properly, if nothing else. I thought I was going insane there for a while.

1 Like

Ran out of talent :joy:

2 Likes

Tried again this morning to add another event to the next “season”. Failed again. Life’s too short for this kak, so I’m just going to set things up as single events seasons. I had 4 events mapped out to take us through to the end of June. I’ll manually track the results and make a combined Season Standings table as we go through.

• Event 1 - Euro Sprint Series
    (Now - Sun 29 Mar) : 2000s Cars. Event Restart enabled and Stage Retrys allowed.

• Event 2 - Mini Monaco Classic
    (Mon 30 Mar - Sun 26 Apr) : Mini Cooper S only. Event Restart enabled.

• Event 3 - The Long & Short of Group B
    (Mon 27 Apr - Sun 31 May) : Group B 4WD Cars. Event Restart enabled.

• Event 4 - Ford v Volksie
    (Mon 1 Jun - Sun 28 June) : Ford Fiesta RS or VW Polo Rally only. Event Restart enabled.

There can only be 1 current season and 1 next season set up at the same time. So once the current event is done, I’ll set up #3.

You can see the stages for the Current Event here:

And for the Next Event here:

3 Likes

Less than a week to get Event 1 under your belt and add your name to the lone driver on the Leaderboard at the moment!

DiRT Rally 2.0 - Google Chrome 2020_03_23 13_35_46_LI (2)

2 Likes

I’ve gotten through half the stages.

1 Like

Completely forgot about this one, been too busy with DR2.
Not really that keen on going back to DR1, but what has been started must be finished :muscle:

3 Likes

Oh lord, time to knock the fuck out of trees that don’t look before they cross the road

2 Likes

Oh right, thanks for the reminder! I’ll have to hook up my controller and get on this

1 Like

Completely forgot we still had a Dirt League. WD for the Reminder Greg.

1 Like

Done. 6:53 off @oltman s time.

1 Like