MEW Driveclub PS4 Racing Club - Season 2

That’s just rude, I was kind enough to to make it less than half a second. Clearly I’m more of a gentleman. Gloves are off!

Edit: I will forgive you if you take out Entity.

2 Likes

Better be careful with that expression, you have a hockey player competing here! (luckily for you, I’m not much of a driver with a controller)

1 Like

Challenge accepted. I’ll give it another bash tonight.

2 Likes

Do it. I won’t even try and retaliate :slight_smile: I’ll stick with that time.

You all have it in you to do it :smiley: It’s all about getting that one clean lap.

my word, that was painful, I don’t know how many laps it took me to knock you back down to were you belong. If you beat it, I will concede this week, I can’t bring myself to go through that again.

I find it such a messy lap, you can even see Entity hit the wall on the 2nd corner. I really struggle on the slow corners. Trying to not lose to much speed, but also keep the wheels from spinning.

1 Like

Well done. Wow that’s close.
Yeah that car slips and slides like nothing.

I haven’t played Driveclub in a very long time and even when I did play it actively I was pretty terrible at it, but this seems like fun. Count me in. I’ve sent you a friend request on PSN @Entity.

1 Like

Please add me on PSN, im keen to jump into the next challenge when it goes live! Got a bit more time on my hands… TomZAs86 is my long convoluted PSN name…

2 Likes

That’s awesome @Wlad and @Tom! It’ll be awesome to have you guys join in.

Yeah, it’s an old game but I still enjoy it so much for some reason.

We are just finishing season 1 today actually, so you guys are joining at the perfect time.
Yes it’s a season but it’s more just a way to break the races up and have everyone get some points, rather than just an endless stream of challenges.

I’ll make a new challenge tonight and invite everyone. We’ll start the season simple again and work it up.

As always, any suggestions are welcome. Tracks or cars.

So yeah, that’s basically the end of season 1. I’ll tally the final results later. Welcome to season 2 everyone :grin::tada::raised_hands:

Thanks to everyone who took the time to put a lap or 2 in. It’s good fun to see the position tussling :grinning:

:+1::tada:

4 Likes

Awesome man, looking forward to it!

1 Like

I’m gonna jump in and see if I can still salvage my time!

1 Like

…aaaaaaaand done! Got back my second place and 45 minutes to go before the challenge expires.

1 Like

Wow. Minutes remaining!

1 Like

Managed to better my time slightly after calling it a night.

1 Like

Final times for this week. Well done everyone.

1 Like

So basically at the end of Season 1, I managed to take first, with @FarligOpptreden in 2nd, @Grievous in 3rd and @murfle in 4th.
Well done everyone. I’ll update the final results table soon.

So the first challenge for season 2 is up. Simple track conditions with simple car. I’ve put a basic time up to get started.

The car we’ll be driving:

The track settings:

A few shots from the track:

A thing or two I’ve noticed on the track, on the first yellow left if you’re hugging the wall on the inside, be careful of that ‘pillar’ that kind of sticks out. I keep nicking it with my nose which actually makes my whole car spin out.
Another thing I saw, on the first red right turn, watch out for the building on the exit. You can’t miss it :grinning: Also, on the second red turn, try and brake hard while keeping the car pointing straight. Only once you’ve lost speed should you start turning.
That camber and how tight the corner is will just slide you into the opposite wall if you start turning with too much speed.

So those are some things I saw. Use them/don’t use them.

Meh
:grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks man! Looking forward to putting down a time tomorrow!

1 Like

And they’re off!

You guys are pretty good at this. Wow.

1 Like

You’ll get there :grinning: