MEW Driveclub PS4 Racing Club - Season 2

Got the bundle, (God of war 3, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero, Middle Earth: shadow of war 90 days ps+)
Usename: Grievous-0-

1 Like

UC4 and HZD alone are worth the price of admission. Driveclub regularly sells for really cheap, so just keep an eye on it!

A bit earlier in this thread was a bidorbuy sale of Driveclub if you interested.

I got it already, its at a reduced price with PS+. Just need to download it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great. Then you can show us how itā€™s done :grinning: The car for the current challenge is a Driver Level 4 car, but youā€™ll get there quick and it will also allow you to get used to the game and its mechanics.

This weeks challenge is up. A chilled sunny day, the difference this time is itā€™s a long circuit, so itā€™s trickier to remember all the turns.

Hope you enjoy it.

Region: Japan

Track: Takahagi Hills Reverse

Settings: 12:00, 15x, clear skies, dry weather

Some shots from the track:

1 Like

The best I could do for now

1 Like

I see you guys put down some good times over the weekend. Great stuff.

ā€œgood timesā€ says the guy 10 seconds ahead of me! That first corner Iā€™m already way behind.

Nice course though, I love the cherry blossoms at the start. Good challenge

1 Like

Haha. No man, youā€™ll get it :slight_smile: For me, that first left then right, are key. Then turn 4, the yellow right up past the wall is also a crutial one. After that itā€™s basically full speed except for the couple of red turns. The one yellow corner is a ā€˜Liftā€™ throttle turn. No brakes, just lift off a second.

Yeah, my wife actually chose it, I told her to pick one seeing that it was random, she exactly chose it because the picture of the track had flowers on it :slight_smile:

Murfle, I suspect you have brake assist on? My time was almost exactly the same as yours and couldnā€™t get any better until I switched it off (I think I change it to low at 1st to get use to it). It makes a big difference in time. You can see the difference coming out of the corner, how much Entities car accelerates out of it (Though part of that is he takes the corner way better than me) But before i took the brake assist off, it was pretty disheartening.

Entity, My word your ghost car is driving me mad. I canā€™t do anything to keep up with you through the 1st flipping corner. Your literally 3 car lengths ahead after the 1st 2 corners. So far my best result has been to bugger that 1st corner and drive into the barrier on the right.

General question, do you guys drift? Iā€™m not entirely sure if its the best way to get through some corners or not. Not that I can really do it yet, but wondering if its worth learning. [Never mind, just watched your video]

2 Likes

I canā€™t say I have brake assist off, but Iā€™m pretty sure it is. Its one of the first things I do when going through settings on a racing game, but I havenā€™t touched driveclub since launch, so Iā€™ll double check. Iā€™m sure I would have noticed if it was though.

I rarely drift, unless I am very comfortable on a corner. I find most the time it slows me down, but judging by the fact you get points, and there are drift challenges in the game, Iā€™m thinking it will probably benefit, at least on certain corners. Iā€™m sure Entity will be better to give advice on this though.

1 Like

That was exactly why I asked, there is a corner on the track which gives you points for drifting. But maybe its a general thing on the track and not specific to the car we are driving.

By Default the brake assist is on high. You guys Auto or manual?

1 Like

I used to do manual back in the day on PS1 rally games. Nowadays, I just do auto, since I donā€™t have the actual feel of acceleration, and changing cars all the times, I donā€™t know the right sound of the engine. Plus the whole gear up/gear down thing by using buttons just makes me forget what gear Iā€™m in. If I had a proper geared stick-shift and wheel, Iā€™d definitely go manual.

You?

1 Like

Yeah just check your assist settings. I had them off from day one as it starts braking too early in a corner.

In a race or time trial situation, no. Drifting is slow. Iā€™ll normally only do it if I need to do it to get an achievement like in one of the tours or something. But in general day to day I never drift.

Iā€™m ā€˜hybridā€™ Auto. Iā€™m Auto but if I need a few extra revs I hold down L1 so the car doesnā€™t automatically change up until I release. Like on that uphill after the first 2 turns and the finishing slalom straight.

1 Like

Great tip! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Canā€™t believe all this blasphemy I am reading! The ā€¦ A Wordā€¦
And here I am driving Manual with clutch on racing games =D

Do you have a wheel, or just a controller?

Just the controller

I might give manual a try again at some pointā€¦ But it just feels so wrong on a controller. What button do you use for clutch?